23. Moving On

JENSEN CARTER

Walking into his kitchen, Jensen spots Dalton turning the stove on.

"Morning, man," He greets, walking over to his coffee maker.

"Hey, morning. Just about to fry up some eggs, want some?" Dalton replies.

"Yeah, sure. Don't burn them this time though," Jensen says in return making Dalton roll his eyes.

"Might just char them on purpose now," Dalton says under his breath knowing Jensen would hear. Jensen walks past him, slapping him on his head, "Don't you dare burn my food!" He says making Dalton laugh.

"Hey, man. Thanks again for what you did yesterday. Jumping into a situation like that to help me out. You didn't even have all the facts," Jensen says to him, sipping his coffee.

"Don't mention it," Dalton says to him. "You know I always got your back man. I'd follow my team leader into combat any day. How is she though? Your friend?"

"She's good. Healing fast considering what she's been through," Jensen fills him in.

"That's good. That's good. I'm glad she's alright. Quite a situation she seemed to have gotten herself into," Dalton says. He goes on making his eggs before speaking again.
"The one that got away, he seemed to be the one in charge," He says.

"Coward," Jensen snarls. "He didn't even try to fight. Bolted the first chance he got. Left his men to fight his battle."

"Do you think he'll try to get your friend again?" Dalton asks, handing Jensen a plate piled with eggs and toast.

"Maybe. I won't put it past him," Jensen answers thoughtfully. "He seems like one to hold a grudge. Maybe he might. He's seen our faces too now,"

"Nothing we can't handle," Dalton says with a shrug.

"So, what else do we know about him? And this mess your friend got herself mixed up in."

~

Exiting Jensen's car, the boys head to the gym's main entrance. Jensen stands behind Dalton waiting for him to unlock the doors. As he glances around, his eyes land on a familiar face coming toward them.

"Danny?" He calls out, walking to the boy. He bends down, looking at the young boy's face. One eye was completely swollen shut the other badly bruised. His nose had a trail of blood underneath it and his cheeks were covered in small bruises. The rest of him was a mess as well. His clothes were torn and dirty, and a couple of his shirt buttons missing.

"What happened?!" Jensen asks in shock.

"It's nothing," The boy replies softly.

"Like hell! Daniel tell me what happened right now!" Jensen says sternly.

"I got into a fight, okay. I was outnumbered," Danny answered looking at the ground.

"When and where was this fight? Was it at school?" Jensen asks.

Danny doesn't answer his question, making him sigh. "Come on, get inside," He says grabbing the boy by his shoulder - Leading him into the gym.

~

DEAN STRAKEN

"So just like that? He's set on moving away?" Dean asks softly as he bites into his breakfast bagel.

"Yeah," Arrow replies. "This is the first I've heard of it. He's never mentioned anything like this to me before. And he's dead set on going. There's no changing his mind."