49. Correlation

JENSEN CARTER

Taking a seat on a bench, Jensen lets out a contented sigh. His eyes survey the room as he takes a few minutes to himself. He waves goodbye to the client he'd just worked with, one of his more advanced who he tends to just spar with.  

"Mr. Carter?" A young voice calls out to him. To his side, he sees one of the younger employees running toward him, an anxious look on her face. "The front desk sent me to get you. The guy, the hunter from last time - He's back, and he has company." She rushes out to him softly. 

"How many?" He inquires, finding out he'd brought three people with him. It'd been days since Jensen last saw him, hoping that his lack of presence meant he'd forgotten about the gym. Jensen longed to tell him off but any confrontation would've just made them a bigger target. instead, he did the next best thing which was warning the Lycans who frequented the gym. Dalton also hired more security and had the staff keep an eye out for any suspicious behavior. The gym wasn't a Lycan-only establishment, which made them wonder how far these hunters were willing to go. Anything drastic and innocent, unknowing humans would be caught in the crossfire.  He wanted to believe that it wouldn't come to that but hunters were becoming more and more unhinged - There's no telling the lengths they'd go to. 

Nodding to the girl, he sends her to inform Dalton of the situation as he heads upstairs to the main floor. He manages to spot the familiar face right away, heading to him with a friendly smile. "Hey! Haven't seen you since thought you found a better gym!" He says to the man putting on his best fake smile - The man doing the same.

"Nah! This place is the best gym I've come across. Just been busy with work." The man replies smiling. 

"Need a spotter?" Jensen asks, offering his services.

"Nah, I've got company today," He says picking up a weight off the rack, "Thanks though."

"No problem. Find me if you need anything." Jensen says to him before walking away. Standing to the side, he watches him talk to the men he brought, committing their faces to memory. the four of them finish their conversation with some nods - Two of them going to the other side of the gym. Jensen could see their eyes scan and scrutinize everyone they pass. The act made Jensen's blood boil with anger and frustration. He had to wonder why the hunters couldn't just let them be. Coming into establishments, purposely seeking them out, and attacking. They were getting out of hand and more unhinged by the day. No regard for the lives they destroy nor the innocent lives they could endanger with their reckless pursuit of blood. 

Feeling someone come up beside him, he turns to see Kellan, Yara's close friend he'd met at her restaurant opening. The two had gotten to talking, the topic of conversation eventually reaching hunters, Jensen mentioning their current predicament at the gym. "So this is them, huh?" Kellan whispers to him, "I could tell the minute they walked through that door." He scoffs. Jensen nods, confirming his suspicions, the two of them watching the hunter pretend to work out, whispering to each other and using coded hand gestures. 

"What are you guys going to do?" Kellan asks.

"Don't know. If we make the first move, shit will hit the fan. They'll double down on us." Jensen answers lowly.

"That'll happen either way, pal," Kellan replies with a scuff.

"We have humans in the gym. Humans who are none the wiser. We can't start something here and put them in danger-"

"I might have a solution for you." Kellan interrupts Jensen, looking at him questioningly.

"I'm all ears."

"Just let me handle it," Kellan proposes.

"What's your plan?" Jensen asks, eyeing the man beside him.