35. Jackson

Yara Rosewood

Taking the cinnamon rolls out of the oven, Yara places two onto a plate for Clayton - Dishing out another for herself. Grabbing the desserts, she heads to the living room. Taking a seat on the couch beside her fiance, she hands him his plate - Rolling her eyes in amusement as he immediately starts eating.

"I have great news," Clayton says to her as she begins to eat her cinnamon roll. "Just saw the email from Patrick, he finished your sign today. It'll be ready for delivery tomorrow."

Yara lets out an excited gasp, sitting up straighter.  "Yes! Oh my gosh! This is perfect! Clay, I could be open by next week!" She says excitedly.

The ringing of her cell phone catches both of their attention.  "Who could be calling you at this hour?" Clay asks to which she shrugs.

"No idea," She replies grabbing her phone off the small center table. "It's Jensen," She explains answering the call.

"Jensen?" She answers, her voice conveying her confusion.

"Yara, hey. Is Clayton around? I tried calling him but no answer," Jensen says to her, his tone serious.

"Yeah, he's right here. His phone must be on silent, upstairs. What's going on?" Yara replies.

"Jackson's here, Yara."

"What?" Yara yells out in complete shock. Beside her, Clayton puts down his plate, turning to face her, brows scrunched in confusion. Having been listening to the conversation as well.

"I'm not sure I heard you correctly," Yara begins to say only for Jensen to cut her off.

"No, you heard correctly! Jackson Reynolds is here, in Tares, sitting on my bloody front step with a stupid smile on his face!" Jensen says to her.

"Jensen," Clay calls out, knowing he could hear him. Jensen however does let him continue, speaking before he could finish his sentence.

"Get over here before I do something crazy," Jensen says, ending the call.

Yara and Clay stare at the phone in her hands, "Jackson is here? How?! When was the last time you even saw or spoke to him? And why would he go to Jensen and not you? None of this makes any sense! We should hurry and head over there!" Yara rants on, getting up off the couch, and heading to their room - A silent Clayton close behind.

"How did he even find Jensen? Why now, why show up after all these years?" She continues as she put on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. "You're awfully quiet over there," She says to Clayton.

"We should hurry," He responds to her statement.

~

Jensen Carter

"You know, I was hoping we could talk a little before you ratted me out to my big brother," Jackson says to him, still on his front steps. Instead of a verbal response, Jensen growls at the man before him. "I came to see you first, I was heading to them afterward." He continues Sighing when he gets no response from Jensen.

"Oh, come on Carter! Are you not the slightest bit curious as to why I am here? Don't you want to know what I have to tell you? How about how I found you, huh?"

Dalton steps between the two before Jensen could respond. "Why are you here?"

"You seem familiar, but I don't think we've met," Jackson responds, not addressing his questions.