75. Peace Is Temporary

YARA ROSEWOOD

Yara stands near the kitchen door, looking out at her restaurant, the soft noise of various conversations and utensils clanking filling the floor. In the kitchen her head chef shouts out orders to his staff, the team rushing up and down to deliver meals to their tables.

Although everything was fixed to its former glory, the events that took place in her restaurant were still fresh in her mind. Her friends, the hunter...Kellan.

It was a lot and Yara found that it was hard to put those memories aside. She hadn't spoken to Darla since the stunt she pulled on them but her heart remained conflicted. She felt betrayed by Darla, angry about being drugged by someone she trusted...yet again. But she also knew it was grief and anger that drove Darla to do what she did. Kellan did nothing to deserve his fate, and now she was alone and pregnant.

Yara goes through the day, regularly coming down to the main floor of her restaurant to survey the scene, keeping an eye on her customers. Her paranoia was at a high, seeing as hunters were a problem whether or not.

~

At the end of her day, Yara is the last to leave, pulling her newly installed rolling shutters down and locking them herself. She'd taken extra measures since the incident, making sure it was damned near impossible to break into her restaurant.

Getting into her car, she begins the drive home, looking over her shoulder the entire ride, just in case.

As Yara enters her home, she is enveloped by the warm scent of a freshly cooked meal. A smile graces her features as she walks straight to the kitchen, Finding Clayton at the stove with his back to her - sprinkling shredded cheese into the meal.

"Mmm, smells amazing in here!" She exclaims placing down her bag. "You're home early, thought you and the crew had to pull overtime tonight?'

"Yeah, change of plans, I'll tell you about it over dinner. You go ahead and freshen up, dinner will be ready soon." Clayton replies to her.

~

The two eat their meal, recounting their day to each other before heading out to their gallery to look at the night sky.

Yara stands in Clayton's embrace, his arms wrapped securely around her. She sighs in contentment, snuggling further into his person, her hand coming to rest on his.

"Such a peaceful night, tonight." Yara murmurs, watching the stars twinkle.

"It is," Clayton agrees, "Feels like these days our peace doesn't last for long." He comments.

"Can't argue there!" Yara scoffs, "We've been through so much...lost so much."
The two fall into silence at this before Clayton moves to hold Yara's shoulders - Spinning her around to face him.

"Marry me." He says looking down at her.

"You asked me this question already, babe. I said yes remember? I have the ring." She chuckles raising her hand showing her engagement.

"And we've waited too long. As you said, we've been through so much and we've lost even more! Just look at Darla. Nothing is certain and I want to make sure we make the most of what we have. I want to call you my wife, not my fiancé!" Clayton says passionately. "So let's make it official. Let's finally get married. We could start the planning or just drive to the courthouse. Anything you want, but either way, Yara Rosewood... I will be calling you my wife before the year is done."

Reaching her hand around his neck, she brings Clayton closer to her, kissing him. "Yes," she whispers, pulling back slightly, "I'll marry you, Clayton Reynolds."