38. Crazy, How Things Work Out

NAOMI REID

Throwing her purse onto the couch, Naomi turns around to answer the knocking at her door. With a quick look through the peephole, she opens the door, a small smile on her face. "Hi," She says to Jensen as she steps to the side to let him in.

"Hey. Sorry, I'm a little late, had a situation at the gym," Jensen replies as he walks in, his eyes taking in Naomi's loft.

"It's fine, I actually got in a few seconds before you arrived. Hospital stuff took longer than I thought," Naomi explains, walking over to her kitchen area.

"Right. How'd did everything go?" Jensen says in return as he turned to face her – Not taking a seat but leaning against the back of her couch, hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"All good," Naomi begins, "I'm fine to return to work. Stopped by to see Calvin, he's doing better. They removed his tube today, the doctors think he'll wake soon. Dean was there as well, I don't think he's left Calvin's side since they landed in the hospital, really! Their captain moved them to T.C. General after everything went down. Apparently- "

"Naomi?" Jensen calls out interrupting her little monologue.

"Hmm?" She sounds in response, looking up from the dish towel she was mindlessly fidgeting with.

"As much as I'd love to hear about your friends, I'd rather we talk about..."

"Right, right. The whole...you being a Lycan situation," Naomi says butting in.

"Yeah, and the whole...you being not a hunter but knowing everything and willing to fight a group of murderous Lycans situation," Jensen says matching her tone with a tilt of his head.

"You say it like my side's the unbelievable part in this," Naomi mumbles under her breath.

"Oh, it is!" Jensen laughs, having heard her.

"Ha! Said the wolf to the human," She retorts, Jensen, raising his eyebrows at her statement. "Okay, you first. Tell me your story.

~

"So, Sean is the only Lycan you know?" Jensen asks as Naomi finishes her telling of events that lead to her discovering Lycanthropy. The two of them now sitting on her couch, Naomi with her legs folded under her, facing Jensen. 

"The only one I know of anyways," Naomi replies nodding.

"Hmm!"

"What? What's that tone about?!" She asks with a scrunch of her eyebrows.

"It's nothing. I'm just amazed at how...well adapted you are. You act as if you've been around Lycans your entire life. Even ready to face off against some," Jensen explains

Naomi nods in understanding, "I guess I had no choice but to adapt. It was easy with Avery and Sean at my side, but it seems like ever since I found out – Lycans are just everywhere. If I stayed in a corner and let myself be afraid, I wouldn't survive this city."

"Let me ask you this," Naomi begins, sitting up straighter, "If I didn't find out the way I did. Do you think...I mean... Would you have told me? That you're Lycan. I mean, I obviously understand, why you didn't. I'm just curious... If...in the future, you would have told me the truth...Or if would it have been your secret to keep?"

"I would have told you," Jensen answers without any hesitance. "There would have come a point where I would know I couldn't keep you in the dark anymore. And I would've told you. Maybe even show you."