74. Imminent Threats

Arrow Berlin

Arrow sits at her kitchen counter, her laptop open before her - her phone resting beside it. Her mind was filled with contemplation. To her, it seemed that every new day brought with it a pluthra of problems.

Her eyes glance between her phone and computer. She was running out of time, and she needed more resources at her disposal if she wanted to achieve her plans.

She needed the organization and the access to information it could give her. She weighed her options, wondering if the risk would pay off.

Arrow knew it would be impossible to slip in unnoticed. Things were in too much of a mess for her to be ignored. Answers would be demanded, and she would be challenged. It seemed that all she'd done to change the organization had gone to waste and was now going to work against her.

There was no spinning the situation, and she acknowledged how things appeared to the hunters under her. She couldn't blame them.

She thought to Nicholas as well, wondering how he was handling everything. She hadn't seen nor heard from him since - often pondering if he were still alive. For all she knew, Nicholas could have gotten himself killed.

The matter of Dean and his friend also took up occupation in her mind. Another reason for her to consider the organization. The woman, Quinn, had the upper hand of being untouchable because of the organization backing her. If she were at hers , she could level the playing field and back Dean.

Dean had left silently early in the morning, leaving her a note saying he had to show to work. She understood, figuring he didn't want to see or interact with her much as she was the cause of all this.

She had to get his friend back no matter the cost . She just wasn't sure how to pull the rescue off.

There was so much to do, so many people to find, and so little time.

After one hour of sitting in silence and thinking about all possible courses of action, Arrow decides that contacting Nicholas was a good plan to start with.

He hated her now, but surely news of cure will persuade him to put those feelings aside and help her.

Grabbing her phone, she first blocks her call ID, knowing Nicholas would not answer if he knew it were her.

Arrow listens to the phone ring before she automated message plays. She tries a couple more times, realizing she would have to go to him in person. Anxiety filled her at the thought. How would Nicholas react to seeing her in person, she wondered.

Pushing the thoughts aside, she rises from her get. "Any feelings he has would be outweighed by the news of a care for us." Arrow told herself.

As she moves to head upstairs, she hears the engine of a car approaching her home. "What now?!" She groans.

Looking through her windows discreetly, she watches a familiar car come to a stop in her driveway. Detective Quinn Brooks.

Arrow watches her stomp towards the door, annoyance and anger radiating off her person. She bangs loudly against the door, making Arrow cringe. She didn't have a handle on her unwelcome new hearing abilities, and the loud, abrupt banging went straight to her eardrums.