28. (un)Human Behaviors

ARROW BERLIN

Two days had passed since Ezra gave Arrow the journal their fathers allegedly worked on. She'd spent every minute of those two days reading and understanding its contents. With each turn of a page, the paragraphs and diagrams seemed to get crazier and more unbelievable. The thought that all these things were possible had her mind spinning. The worst part of it all was that there was no one for her to confide in. With her brother uninterested and out of the country, that left her with very few options.

She was still on the fence about Ezra, deciding it would be best to keep him at arm's length for now. He was giving her all this information but Arrow knew he was trying to gain her trust. She didn't forget the reason he came to her in the first place - To get her father's keys. She still had no way to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that all he was telling her was true.

Arrow wanted to go off on her own, investigate this place without his company. But she had no idea where it was - She only had the keys to unlock it. She had no clue where to look and the only one with information was Ezra. She thought about using Dean, seeing as he's a detective and a person she trusted. However, she wasn't able to get in touch with him. Her last text unanswered and her call sent straight to voice mail, she figured he'd turned his phone off for a case or something close to that matter.

Ezra had made a point to tell her no hunter friends, but Dean wasn't a hunter and there was a high probability that Ezra was solely referring to Beau.

Beau - There was the possibility of going to the Valentins, but that didn't sit right with her. She no longer felt like she could go to them, not with something this huge anyways. Though she, Beau, and Mr. Valentin were still in good standing, Arrow did not see things going well if she confided in them. She also felt that things won't remain secret for long. 

She also rationalized that to get answers, they'd have to go around asking questions, inadvertently exposing the secret. There was also the risk that was Bell. Arrow did not trust her - with everything going on with her, the girl seemed to have thrown all logical behavior out the window. Without being involved in the organization, her list of hunter contacts was small, with no confidentiality guaranteed. She did not have any strong ties with hunters where she could be one hundred percent sure she could trust them.

That left her with Ezra as her only option.

~

Arrow opens her door, a slight scowl on her face.

"Well, hello there sunshine. I see you're in a chipper mood as always," Ezra says to her in greeting.

"Do you plan on always showing up at my house whenever you feel like it?" Arrow asks placing a hand on her hip. "What if I'm not home, hmm?"

"Fair point," He answers with a shrug. "So, have you read enough? Are you all good to move on with things?" He asks her.

"Where is this place of my father's?" Arrow asks.

"I can take you. Just get the keys and we'll leave right now," Ezra answers.

"Tell me where it is first," Arrow argues with him.

"You don't trust me? I'm hurt, after I've given you so much," Ezra responds, Arrow spotting a glimpse of a smile across his features.

"Don't you trust me?" Arrow rebuts.

"You're a bit of a flight risk," He says to her.

"I just want to know where."

"And I want to see the keys. Look, neither of us has the upper hand here. So how about you get the keys, get in my car and we head to the place, yeah?" Ezra proposes.