86. Bad Moon

JENSEN CARTER

Jensen was growling as he sped toward the gas station. He heard his angry heartbeat in his ears over the roar of the car engine as he pushed it past its limit.

"We're going to get her," Dalton says to him. Jensen heard the relief in his friend's voice.

In a state of relief, his body hummed with anxiety and anticipation. He couldn't wait to have her back in his arms. He was going to hold her, check her to make sure she was okay, and then he was going to hunt Josh Kennedy and kill him.

A thrill surged through him at the thought of ending Kennedy. Jensen wanted to see the light leave the hunter's eyes and revel in it.

"Avery." Dalton begins, speaking to her on the phone. "We're going to get her! We've found her. She's at a gas station in Clearmeadow. She called from a phone there. We're like five minutes out... "Three, if Jensen keeps up this speed...." He pauses, allowing her to speak, promising to let Naomi call her once they get her back.

"Got to say, Avery was right to send us into Clearmeadow and leave them and Yara to do the remaining houses in Tares. We were already halfway to her when she called." Dalton says.

"I can't wait to put an end to all this," Jensen growls.

"Look! We're here!" He exclaims, pointing to the gas station. "That's it."

Jenson is first out of the car, only bothering to put it in the park before he's out the door. As he exits, he sees Dalton reaching for the hand breaks, continuing his way to the gas station shop.

Dalton followed, the two of them bursting through the gas station's shop. Jensen lets out a loud growl as he comes to a stop. "GET AWAY FROM HER! RIGHT NOW!" He yells, canines bared.

"Look! This is what I mean, Naomi!" Josh exclaims, not moving from the position Jensen found them in when he entered. Grasping Naomi's head, Josh kept his hands firmly on the sides of her face. His face was close to hers, as if he were about to kiss her lips.

Jensen could see the tension in Naomi's frame as she tried to pull her face from his. "THIS! This is what I mean, Naomi. Look! Look at him. Yellow eyes full of uncontrolled animalistic urge to hurt and destroy. Look at his teeth, his claws! He is an animal. He is a danger! He isn't even looking at you!" Josh says to Naomi, eliciting a growl from him.

"Watch yourself, J," Dalton hisses from by his side.

Jensen heard his friend's warning, but it was much too late to pull back now. No sooner did the words leave his friend's mouth, did he feel the first crack of his bones.

"This isn't the right moon for that man! "Dalton whispers sharply, the next break of his bone echoing out through the shore between them.

"He can't even control himself now, Naomi!" Kennedy exclaims to her, pulling her to his side now–finally releasing his hold on her face. Josh pulls out a gun from his back, pointing it towards him. "Do you see?" He goes on. "It's not even the full moon, and he can't stop himself! You'll never be safe, Naomi! You are in danger, you must see that!"

"The only one in danger here is you, Josh. Let me go, it's over." Naomi says to him. "NAOMI LOOK AT HIM! HE IS A DANGEROUS BEAST! HE WILL HURT YOU! KILL YOU!" Josh shouts to the top of his voice.

"The only person I'm going to kill tonight is you, hunter!" Jensen growls, running toward them

"Ah, shit!" Dalton curses behind him.