65. Darla

YARA ROSEWOOD

Yara walks to Dalton, holding tools from their work shed in her hands, "Okay, I got the drill you asked for and I found three sizes of pliers. I didn't know which you wanted," She says to him holding out the tools. 

"Perfect, these two will work just fine," He replies, taking the drill and the medium-sized pliers from her. 

"What are you going to do with them?" Yara asks watching him skeptically. 

"She's not doing much talking. I give her props, actually. Holding out this long. I can respect that," Dalton begins casually. "But time is wasting and we need answers. So I figure a little dental work might move things along." He says pressing the button on the cordless drill. "Either that or a manicure," He shrugs glancing at the pliers in his hands. 

"Jeez, Dalton," Yara mumbles wide-eyed. 

Dalton goes to speak again but pauses, turning his head to the side, listening intently, "You hear that? Doesn't sound like Jensen's car."

"No, it doesn't," Yara responds softly, "Hunters, you think?"

"Unless you invited company..."

"I'll get the rifles and Clay, you good with seeing who it is?" Yara asks in response. 

"Mhm." Dalton nods, heading to the door as a horn sounds twice, the vehicle's engine shutting off. 

Dalton pauses, turning back to look at Yara, his look of confusion mirroring hers. "Can't be hunters." He says to her shaking his head. 

Yara rushes toward the door, opening it slowly as she peers through the space. "Darla?!" She exclaims in shock, opening the door the rest of the way. 

Darla and Gina, Decker's sister, exit their car, each holding a pot in their hands. 

"What...what are you two doing here?" Yara asks walking to them.

"We...I," Darla begins softly, looking at the pot in her hands. "Gina and I. We were just trying to keep ourselves busy...trying not to think about, all this. You know? And we decided to cook...we ended up making one of Kellan's favorites-" She choked off at the end with a sob.

"We thought you guys might want some lunch," Gina adds as Darla composes herself.

"We know you're busy with...them," She says, sneering with disgust as she refers to the hunters. "But we figured you guys could use a lunch break."

"If Kellan-" Darla begins but starts crying again before she can finish.

"You know what, yeah, sure," Dalton says coming behind them. "We could eat, a quick bite. Sustenance and all that Don't you think Yara?" He says, trying not for the situation to draw on, casting nervous glances at a sobbing Darla.

"Yeah, let's go find Clay..."

~

ARROW BERLIN 

Pain still radiates from the various burns along Arrow's body. The Lycan left her alone for half an hour by her count. She assumed he left the room as well but with the earphones and cover over her face there was no way to know for sure. 

For the first time in her hunting career, Arrow wonders if she would actually die at the hands of these Lycans. She may have been captured and tortured before, but there was always a part of her that knew her rescue would be coming. The organization, her brother...there was always a safety net in the people who knew her whereabouts on missions.