50. Moon River

ARROW BERLIN

Arrow scrutinizes the group before her as she takes the tablet from the team leader. "Each of you will write a detailed report for me, and you will have no communication with one another until after you've handed me the report. If I find out you tried to talk to each other, I will take it as a sign you're trying to conspire, and you will face the consequences of such transgressions. You all will be suspended from going on any missions until I clear you. Do I make myself clear?!" She says to them sternly, eyeing each one separately.

Each hunter nods in understanding, Arrow turning to Nicholas, who was leaning against her desk - His arms folded, face stern and intimidating. Walking toward him, she stops close enough to whisper, "I don't trust them. Will you make sure everyone stays in line?" She asks lowly for him alone to hear.

"You got it, Berlin," He says with a nod before pushing himself off the desk. "Let's go!" He orders roughly, making the hunters scamper out of Arrow's office. With a glance behind him, he gives her a final nod before closing the door as he exits.

Arrow lets out a sigh, going to sit on her office chair. The past few weeks had been a mess, to say the least. Her uncle Elmann was still behaving erratically, making scenes and causing speculation and rumors to run rampant through the organization.

Hunters boldly questioned his sanity, leading abilities, and power. Because of this, Arrow had to take over, and though that was her original plan and the end goal - This was not the way she envisioned the transition. Elmann's behavior and her dicey history made things difficult, hunters questioning and watching, waiting for a slip-up.

To her surprise, Nicholas was at her side through it all - acting as her chief of staff with his stern face and air of intimidation. It was not something she asked of him, but it was a role she was grateful he took. Their unspoken power dynamic worked well enough for the two - And though he questioned and contradicted her in private, they were a united front when it came to dealing with the hunters and any public matters.

It'd taken some effort, but Arrow managed to implement some changes to her liking . Some gave her a hard time, but nothing she and Nicholas couldn't handle. Those who really couldn't stand it left, something Arrow did not see as a loss.

Going through the files on her desk, her eyes land on Wyatt's folder. With everything going on, she wasn't able to put her all into the investigation, and there were no clues for her to follow. Picking up the file, Arrow places it in her desk's drawer - Too much time had gone by, and the investigation futile. As she goes through the rest of the documents, her phone begins to ring. Seeing an unfamiliar number, she hesitates before answering.

"Hello?" She answers in a level tone.

"Arrow?" She hears a familiar voice gasp out. "Arrow, it's Ezra! I need your help!" He rushes out to her, Arrow hearing the distress in his voice.

"Ezra? What's going on?"

Instead of an answer, Arrow hears him grunt and scream out in pain, the call ending abruptly.

"Ezra!" Arrow calls into her phone, though the call had already been disconnected, her mind struggling to understand what just happened. Jumping up from her seat, she quickly makes her way to the IT department of the organization. Spotting James, one of the techs she'd known the longest, she heads to him.

"James, I need a favor. Can you trace this number?" She rushes out.

"Yeah, on it!" James responds, typing away on his computer - No questions asked. Arrow watches on anxiously until James stops typing, a map with a highlighted triangle popping up on his screen. "Here!" James begins, "It's a few miles past Clearmeadow. Plenty forest area, satellite shows a compound right there," He says, pointing at the screen. There are no clear roads, but there might be a trail to it.