73. Dead-end Problems

DEAN STRAKEN 

Dean stumbles away from Quinn as the stones near her feet scatter from the bullet's impact. He recovers before she does, snatching the gun off the ground and backing up further, raising the weapon to her.

Quinn, however, pays him no attention. Instead, all her focus was on Arrow. Dean wondered what she was thinking, exposing herself like this with so much at stake in her current condition. There were way too many ways for this to go wrong, and Dean couldn't help but be anxious.

Dean stands still, calculating eyes following every one of Quinn's movements, watching her as she slowly rises to stand. Dean watches her, her expression morphing from shock to confusion before she begins to chuckle; shaking her head.

Dean glanced at Arrow, who stood at her doorway, gun still aimed toward them... "Well, Quinn.

"My, my, Arrow Berlin!" She starts in disbelief before turning to Dean. "What a secret you've been keeping, Straken. Considering everything."

"Miss Berlin... Arrow, can I call you Arrow?" Quinn voices, turning her attention back to Arrow. "What a pleasure," She begins taking a step into the house.

"No. You stay right there." Arrow says to her sternly, making her stop in her tracks.

"I admit... I wish we had met under different circumstances. This wasn't the best first impression now, was it," She says, casually gesturing to Dean and herself.

Quinn chuckles, clasping her hands together with a loud clap. "This is amazing! This is oh so very interesting!" She exclaims with humor in her voice. "The elusive, infamous, Arrow Berlin; here, casually snuggling up with you Straken, while her organization goes to shit."

"Enough, Brooks! Where's Calvin?" Dean asks angrily, walking behind her with the gun.

"A safe house." 

"Are you out of your damn mind Brooks?! Release him!"

"Mm..."

"What the hell is wrong with you? I should report you, the captain will take lightly to this."

"Go ahead. You are certainly welcome to try," Quinn shrugs, then scoffs at Dean. "You think I'm a fool, Straken?"

"Yes," Dean replies, earning himself a glare.

"I came for answers. Calvin stays until I get what I want. And put that gun away, Straken. You're not going to use it."

"Don't be so sure!"

"Please!" Quinn scoffs, "I have the means and the resources to get away with what I'm doing. Do you? Is it her?" She asks, nodding her head toward Arrow. " I'll tell you now, Straken. The leverage isn't comparable."

"Calvin has nothing to do with all this!"  Dean argues.

"Tell me," Quinn begins turning to Arrow, ignoring Dean. "Why do you have a TCPD detective gathering information on Vincent Rockwell?" She pauses, looking intently at Arrow.  "Computers at your organization are not working?"

"It doesn't concern you," Arrow replies coldly. "You aren't owed any answers from either of us."
Dean watches her as she replies to Quinn, her calm demeanor keeping his anxiety at bay for the moment. This entire exchange was a recipe for disaster. One slip up and things would go downhill fast. Though Arrow seemed to be in control of her emotions for the moment, he knew he needed to get her away from Brooks as soon as possible. But he also needed to find out where she had Calvin.