22. Situation Under Control

ARROW BERLIN

Walking into her kitchen, Arrow sets her laptop down on the counter. She opens her fridge, taking out all the ingredients she needed to make her lunch. Ever since Bell lashed out at her and ran away from them, she didn't feel completely comfortable staying with the Valentins. Although neither Beau nor his father made any comments about it, she could feel the tension in the air. She felt bad for Bell, not taking any of her actions to heart - But at the same time, she knew that all of this was Bell's own fault. Had she not been so hasty, none of this would have happened. Things could have played out differently. She kept in touch with Beau through texts, but their conversations were limited and strictly business.

Making two sandwiches, she plates them and walks to her living room. Handing her brother a plate, she sits next to him on the couch. "What are you watching?" She asks as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Bates Motel," Andrei answers.

When she left the Valentins', she took her brother along with her. Now he was staying in her spare bedroom. "Heard anything on Bell? Did she return home?" He asks his sister.

"No, she's still in the wind," Arrow answers.

They watch the show in silence until Andrei's phone goes off. Arrow watches as he places his plate down, leaning forward in his seat as he read whatever just came in on his phone. "Yes! No way!" He exclaims standing up abruptly from the couch.

"What's up?" Arrow asks curiously.

"I got in! I got accepted!" Andrei answers excitedly fist-bumping the air.

"Got into what?" Arrow asks, now leaning forward in her seat.

"Oh, uh. Well, a while ago, before everything went down..." Andrei begins, speaking slowly and drawing out his sentences.

"Out with it!" Arrow says growing impatient.

"I applied, to Llandeau Institute of Arts. And I just heard back from them. I got accepted." Arrow stares at her brother, mouth hanging open in shock. "Ah, wh-, I-" She stutters out as she places her plate down. "That's a lot to process," She says finally. "Wait, Llandeau?" Arrow asks looking at her brother.

"Yeah," Andrei replies not meeting her eyes.

"As in halfway across the world?!" Arrow says in shock. Arrow goes to speak but he holds his hands up to her. "I know what you're thinking and I know what you're going to say. But I really want to go, Arrow. And I am going. Nothing is going to stop me or change my mind. And since I'm being honest here, it's an easy decision for me - To pack up and leave the city. I never wanted to be a hunter, I never loved that life."

"Andrei!" Arrow interrupts.

"No," Andrei says cutting her off. "You won't see it but I hate being a hunter Arrow. I felt like I had to. I didn't dare say no because how would that have looked? How would that have worked out? And, when you take a step back, what has us being hunters actually accomplished? We didn't save the world, we just managed to lose our father." Andrei rants on to a stunned Arrow.

"Think about it-" Andrei goes on but Arrow stops him, rising from her seat.

"Think about it?! Andrei, you are hardly giving me time to think about anything here! It's one bomb after another!" She says to him, her voice high. "Where the hell is this all coming from? And why on earth is this the first I'm hearing of it?!"

"Do you love hunting Arrow? What has being a hunter given you that's so great?" Andrei asks as his phone buzzes again.

"Don't do that, don't turn this topic to me! This is all you! You're the one ready to take the next flight out of here!" Arrow argues.