Chapter 1

Previously on Prologue

I notice something outside the window. I stand up and stare at it. It's a green light. What is that? The moment it touches me, I can feel my surrounding turning black.

What's happening to me?

-Revived-

Author P.O.V

3,700 years have passed since the flash of green light turns every living human into stone. Every modern civilization have turned back into the stone world. All the buildings and technologies that human have spent billions of years to create have perished.

On top of a flat mountain. A group of people have gathered. A male with long hair, muscular body is standing in front of a statue. In his hand is a clay pot filled with a fluid that will turn any petrified human back into their original self.

"Why are you choosing this girl, Tsukasa-Chan? What is so special about her?" A boy with half-black and half-white haired asked. The taller male turns to look at him. "You'll see soon..." he said. He turns to look at the statue. She have been given a dress.

"She's ready, Tsukasa-San

"She's ready, Tsukasa-San..." a short haired brunette girl said. "Someone stand behind her. It's been over 3,700 years. Her body will be weak and won't be able to support her" Tsukasa said. A boy wearing a yellow cap steps up behind her. Tsukasa nods his head at the boy, and pour the liquid on the girl's head.

A few seconds passed, and the sound of cracking can be heard. The stone surrounding the girl's body begin to crumble into fragments. As soon as the girl's body is out of the stone, she starts to fall backward. The boy is quick to catch the girl before she hits the ground.

He gently lowers the girl's body to lay on the ground, with half of her body still resting in his arms. The girl's eyes slowly flutters open, revealing her e/c eyes. Her eyes starts to move, until they landed on the boy's green eyes.

"Welcome back..." the boy said, giving the girl a soft smile. The girl just sits up, and looks around the place. Tsukasa walks forward, earning the girl's attention. She instantly recognizes him as the same boy from the night she defeated a group of boys.

"You must be confused now. So I'll give you a brief explanation. It is now 3,700 years into the future. Every single human being have been turned into stone..." he said. The girl just stares at him, her facial expression remained the same.

Tsukasa frowns at the girl's silence. "Can you talk?" He said. The girl moves to stand up. "I can..." she said, in a low voice. Tsukasa nods his head and offers the girl a smile.

"My name is Tsukasa... what shall I call you?" He said, offering the girl a hand for her to shake. "Y/N..." she said, without taking his hand. Tsukasa just lowers his hand, realizing she didn't want to shake his hand.

"Ukyo will be the one in charge of you. He will be the one to show you around our base..." he said. The girl just stare at him. He gesture towards the boy who caught her when she was falling. She turns to look at Ukyo, who offers her a warm smile.

"You both will be partners and will be placed as the guards" Tsukasa said. Y/N just nods her head at what he said. She keeps staring at Tsukasa, waiting for him to say anything else.

Y/N P.O.V

Darkness... it's the first thing I remember. All I know after getting touched by the green light, my whole surrounding turns dark. I don't know how long has it been since the time have passed.

The next thing I know, I'm awaken in the arms of a boy with white hair and green eyes. I soon learn that the civilization I once knew have disappeared and turned back to the stone world.

A man named Tsukasa, who seemed to be the one in charge of everything assigned me to be a partner of the boy. The boy, I now know is call Ukyo smiles at me when I turn to look at him. But I just give him a stare.

"If you're confused or need anything... you can ask Ukyo. And if you need me, I'll be in my throne cave" he said. He turns around and walks away. The rest of the people gathering around us follows him, leaving me alone with the Ukyo.

"Y/N..." Ukyo said. I turn to look at him. He smiles softly at me. "Come on. I'll show you around our base..." Ukyo said. I just nod my head and follows him.

He starts showing me where everything is. The place where everyone gathers for meals, the place where everyone gathers to sleep... everything. I just follow Ukyo in silence as we continue to walk.

"You don't talk much, do you?" He said. I just shrugs my shoulders. He just hums softly at my reaction. I just look forward, as we continue to keep walking.

***

It's now night time. Ukyo leads me to the place we'll be having dinner. But before we reach the place, we are surrounded by tough looking people. I can see a boy with purple outfit, standing not far from us. He looks worried, letting me know that these people is planning to attack me.

"What can a twig like you do... I bet I can break you with my fingers" one of them said. The others just laughs at what he said. Ukyo steps up to defend me.

"Let's not do anything rash. She's still new here" he said. I place my hand on his shoulder. He turns to look at me. I shake my head, giving him a reassuring look. He looks worried, but nods his head.

I turn to look at the people surrounding me, and give them a challenging smirk. They growl in anger at my reaction. One of them swings their fist. I grab it with my hand, and grin wickedly.

"A weak punch like this... do you really think you can beat me?" I said. I lift my fist and punch his face. He got sent flying back, and slams into the rock wall. I turn to look at the others as they look taken aback by my strength. But they got over it and lunges at me. I swiftly dodge and returns their attacks at a rapid pace.

Not long after that, they're laying around me. I just pat my hands together. I place my hands on my hips and grin at them. "You can't beat me with that slow speed of yours. Come back when you're a lot faster. I feel like I'm fighting against a bunch turtles" I said. I turn to look at Ukyo who stares at me wide-eyed.

The boy in purple robe walks over to me. "Okay... now I see why Tsukasa-Chan chose you" he said. I just give him a cold gaze. He gulps at my stare. I turn to look at Ukyo. I gesture with my eyes to get going. He got the picture and leads me to the dining place.

I sit by the fire for warmth as I start to eat in silence. Ukyo is sitting next to me, eating his share. "So... Y/N" he said. I turn to look at him. He smiles at me. "Where did you learn how to fight like that? And your speed was inhuman too. How'd you do that?" He said. I just look away at what he said.

Memories of my darkest times comes back into my mind. My body starts trembling violently. But I manage to stop the tears that are slowly gathering in my eyes from spilling. I lower my head, letting my bangs covers my eyes.

"I don't wanna talk about it..." I said, in a low voice. "Hmm. I understand" Ukyo said. I just stare at the fire in front of me, watching the flame dances softly. I clench my hands into tight fists, as I breathe slowly as an attempt to calm myself down. I don't ever want to go through that same experience again.

*to be continued*