Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

I thought I've lost all sense of emotion except anger and hatred. But Ukyo, Yuzuriha, Senku and the rest of the Kingdom of Science have taught me how to be open again. I'm truly grateful for that... for them.

-A Prisoner-

Y/N P.O.V

Ukyo enters the cave. He makes his way over to me and take a seat next to me. "So... who's the intruder, Ukyo?" I asked. "A guy name Chrome... he said he's one of Senku's friend in the Kingdom of Science. Did you met him while you're there?" He said. I nod my head.

"Yeah... he's one of the people who took care of me" I said. He just hums softly. "How're you holding up, Y/N?" He asked. I just shrugs my shoulders. "I'm fine. As you can see, I'm already sitting up" I said. He nods his head at what I said.

"You're not going to report me to Tsukasa?" I said. He furrows his eyebrows at what I said. "Why?" He asked. "I don't know... because I accepted their help when I was in the Kingdom of Science" I said. He just shakes his head at what I said.

"No. Why would I? I'm not gonna put you in trouble. I'm kind of curious, about those people" he said. I raise an eyebrow at what he said. "Why?" I asked. "When I first met you... you made it clear that you hated science. But those people managed to change your mind about science" he said. I just give him a straight face.

"Well... kind of" he added after noticing my stare. "What are you trying to do by capturing Chrome?" I asked. He shrugs his shoulders at what I said. "I just wanna know what kind of people they are" he said. I just hum and nod my head at what he said.

"Where are they keeping Chrome?" I asked. "He's probably kept imprisoned in the bamboo prison they made" he said. I just nod my head. I move to stand up.

"Woah... what are you doing?" He asked. I turn to look at him. "I'm going to pay him a prison visit..." I said. He stands up and gently places his hands on my shoulders.

"But you're not fit enough..." he said. I shake my head at what he said. "I'll be fine..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. "Do you want me to go with you?" He asked. I shake my head. "It's okay... just go back to your patrolling" I said. He nods his head at what I said.

"Very well... just don't get too tired, okay?" He said. I just smile and nod my head. We make our way out of the cave. I wave at Ukyo as we went separate ways. I make my way towards where they've made a prison a while ago.

I can see Ko laughing. I clear my throat which makes him stops laughing in an instant. He turns to look at me. He looks annoyed that I interrupted him in the middle of his fun.

"HOW DARE YOU... o-oh... f-forgive me, ma'am" he said, bowing his head after realizing who I am after I remove parts of my hoodie. I just roll my eyes at his reaction of me.

My back is facing Chrome, so he didn't see my face. I just focus on Ko, as his whole face turns slightly pale. I just give him a wide smirk.

"What is it that you found amusing?" I asked, with my hands on my hips. He starts stuttering random words. I shake my head at what he's doing. I gesture with my head.

"Leave... I need to talk to the prisoner. Alone" I said. "But..." he said. I raise an eyebrow at him. I walk towards him and leans my face close to his. I can hear his breath hitched.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" I asked. He gulps out of nervousness. "N-No..." he said. I nod my head and leans away. "Leave..." I said. He nods his head and walks away. I turn to glare at the rest of the people. They flinched and walks away, without a word.

I turn my body to face Chrome. I lean my body on the rock. "I didn't expect you to get caught so easily, Chrome" I said. "Who are you?" He asked. He can't see my face because I'm wearing my hoodie, which covers most of my face.

His eyes lit up as he realizes it's me. "Y/N! It's-" he got cut off as I clamp his mouth shut. "Shut... up. The last thing we need is people knowing that I'm acquainted with you" I said. "Somphy..." he said, which is muffled because my hand is covering his mouth. I let out a sigh and slowly remove my hand from his mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looks over my shoulder. I turn my head to look behind me and sighs softly. "There's no one here, but us... Ukyo also have some duty to do" I said. He hums and nods his head.

"We just delivered something for both Yuzuriha and Taiju" he said. I nod my head at what he said. "This something... was it the cell phone?" I whispered. He nods his head. I hum softly and nod my head.

"You have the gal to come right into the enemy's territory, huh? Ukyo told me what you said. You told Tsukasa that you're a scientist. That's some bold move. Tsukasa could've killed you. You're so stupid, Chrome" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. He just grins at what I said. I shake my head lightly.

"I'll find a way to get you out of here... just stay put, okay? Don't make too much sound... and the most important, don't. say. anything. Especially not about our friendship" I said. He just nods his head, making a zipping motion with his hand. I let out a chuckle and shake my head.

"I have to go... any longer than this, someone will suspect me" I said. He just nods his head. I turn around. "Wait, Y/N... before you go" he said. I stop walking and turn to look at him. He have a worried look on his face.

"What is it?" I asked. He just give me a small smile. "Are you okay? How are you holding up? You know... with your condition and all?" He said. I smile softly and nod my head.

"I can manage for a bit... but Senku better hurry up with the serums. I'm running out of time. I can feel it..." I said. He looks at me worriedly. I just smile at him and turn around, walking away.

I re-enter my cave and lay down. I stare at the rock ceiling above me and let out a sigh. Senku and the others better hurry up.

They have to win this war. After that, they have to hurry up and make those serums for me. It's the only way to save my life. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*