Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

Tsukasa sent him to look for any signs of civilization. He's worried that a man named Senku is still alive. If he's alive... then there will be no doubt that there will be a scientific progress, which will be a threat to us... to Tsukasa's version of Utopia. Even the thought of having science in this world again... makes me sick in the stomach.

-Solo Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting next to Ukyo, inside the cave where the throne is located. Tsukasa is sitting on the throne, looking all mighty and glorious. I lean my back on the rock wall behind me.

Ukyo suddenly stands up and shoots an arrow. I stare at him in confusion. "Wait, it's me! Tsukasa-Chan!" The person said. I realize it's just Gen. He walks further inside, and stands in front of Tsukasa.

"I found a primitive village. I got in a fight with them, and ended up just slightly injuries. And Senku-Chan was... gone without a trace!" He said, with a malice smirk on his face.

"He's dead, without a doubt" he said, with a grin on his face. I just stare at him and turn my head to look at Tsukasa, waiting for him to say something.

"Gen... you don't see his body. For all we know, he could be out there somewhere. Without a doubt, he will soon find that civilization. We have to take that village... even if it meant by force" he said. He turn to look at Hyoga, who nods his head. He will be the one to launch an attack at the village.

Gen volunteers to go first, so he can watch if there are anything suspicious about the village. Tsukasa agrees with his suggestion. Gen turns around and walks away, leaving the place.

"Follow him, Y/N... make sure he didn't do anything that will put our Empire at stake" Tsukasa said, as he turns to look at me. I turn to him and nod my head. I move to stand up and walk out of the cave.

I hear footsteps coming towards me. I turn my head to see Ukyo. "Be careful out there, Y/N..." he said. I just smile at him and nod my head. I gently grab his wrist. I gently slip a bracelet in his wrist.

"I made you this bracelet to help me connect with your mind. Just rub it three times, and I'll be able to feel you trying to connect with me" I said. He nods his head. I smile softly at him and give him a quick hug.

I turn around and walks away. I jump into a tree as I swiftly follow Gen. He's sitting on top of a rock as he let out a sigh.

"Man... this really isn't worth it. All for a single bottle of cola. I hope it's super well-cooled, at least" he said to himself. I just smirk to myself, knowing that he have chose to betray Tsukasa just for a single bottle of cola. What a silly agreement that is. I want to go ahead and report to Tsukasa. But I kinda wanna see where this is going.

***

Gen finally reached the village. I sit on top of a tree, observing them from a distance. They seem to be in a middle of a competition. I can see a guy with green outfit, getting severely beat by a much muscular guy.

I turn my head slightly and notice a guy with a hair that reminded me of a leek. It's white from the head, and turn to darker shade of green towards the end. From the outfit, I can see E=MC² written on the left side of his chest. He must be Senku, the man of science that Tsukasa is talking about.

I can see Gen standing on top of a pole. They look like they're conversing for a few while. Gen jumps off the pole and climbs up on of the building. He starts to act weirdly, and stare at the muscular guy with a mean stare. I can see a look of fear on the guy's face. Seems like he's putting up an act.

I can see the beat up guy, trying his best to stay still. I watch in amusement when the guy's clothes lit up on fire. The smaller boy attacks him right in between his legs. He falls into the water.

I watch closely as the match continues. Senku ended up to be the winner. I can see a horrified expression on his face at what the person said, that man seem to be the referee. He slowly walks towards a girl and said something. I can see a blush forming on the girl's face.

The girl starts coughing violently, letting me know that she's sick. We just finished fighting. But seem like I don't have the time to rest... I can hear his thought. He starts talking, until he eventually start running across the bridge while carrying an old man. A blond girl runs with him, holding jars.

I swiftly move to another tree, closer to where they are. They start to work on something. They seem to be making something. But what?

I lean my back against the tree, crossing my arms across my chest. I keep watching them working on whatever it is they're making. But judging by the way the girl cough earlier. I'm guessing he's trying to make some sort of drugs. He seem like good person. But even so... it still doesn't change the fact that I hate science.

The Next Day

It's already the next day. Turns out, I was right. They are making drugs. Judging by the color, it's a sulfa-drug. Senku place the white powder inside a small clay jar.

He walks across the bridge with a little girl, leaving Gen alone outside the village. I jump down the tree as I quietly creep up behind Gen, who's heading to a small shed, with 'laboratory' written on top of the door. I lean my shoulder on the door as he starts to drink the cola.

"Well well... betraying Tsukasa just for a single bottle of cola? That's the most ridiculous agreement I have ever heard of" I said, in a cold voice.

He jumps at my sudden voice and turns to face me. His eyes widened when he realize it's me. "Y-Y/N-Chan. Wha... what are you doing here?" He stuttered out.

"Tsukasa have doubts on you... so he sent me to follow you. Tch... I hope you'd realize how much danger you put yourself through. Betraying Tsukasa like that... he's not going to let you live when he finds out" I said. "I... I wasn't g-going to betray him..." he said. I shake my head and laugh sarcastically at what he said.

"Oh really? 'Man... this really isn't worth it. All for a single bottle of cola. I hope it's super well-cooled, at least.' Does that sounds familiar to you?" I said. He gulps at what I said. I walk towards him as he walk backwards.

"I've been watching you the whole time, Gen..." I said, smirking at him. He gulps at what I said. I lean my face close to his as I glare coldly into his eyes.

"I just want to give you a warning to not be foolish. If you dare... talk to them that I'm here. I'll destroy all of you. And don't even think of being sneaky with me. I'd know if you snitch on me... and I'm sure that you're quite aware that I can be worse than Tsukasa and Hyoga if I want to. I'm watching you, Gen..." I said, glaring at him. He gulps at the harsh tone on my voice. I smirk evilly at him. I turn around and runs off.

I jump on top of a tree as I observe them. Senku and the others returns to the lab. Gen still looks shaken up after my confrontation. I can see Senku asking him why he looks so pale. He quickly shakes his head, telling him that he's okay.

I shake my head and smirks to myself. I make myself comfortable on the tree, crossing my arms across my chest. I continue to watch them from a fair distance.

Hyoga will be here tomorrow. Tsukasa just told me to stay back and observe. He told me to make sure that nothing major is being developed. Guess I'm going to be here for a bit longer.

*to be continued*