Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

I mean, in the stone world like this... we can't waste any chances to have fun. So that's what I'm gonna do. I wanna see how long Ukyo can put up his act before he drop his facade.

This will be fun~

-Deals-

Y/N P.O.V

There's a moment of silence from Senku's side. I just cross my arms as I wait for his respond. You were the one who gave Chrome that battery, weren't you, Ukyo? He finally said. I just smile to myself. Senku surely have a sharp observation. He seems to caught on very quickly.

Last night, Ukyo told me that he's going to find a way to help Chrome escape. I guess he found his battery and gave it to him. Now Chrome made it safely back to the rest of them.

Ukyo let out a chuckle at what Senku said. "I'm amazed. You sure do catch on pretty quickly. If you'd come to help Chrome, Senku, you'd be dead. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not on your side" he said.

I'm sure of that. If you were, you never would have captured Chrome to begin with Senku said. I hum and nod my head. Even though Ukyo knew that I've befriended the Kingdom of Science. He shows no sign that he's actually going to side them too.

"I'm trying to figure things out, too. I want to hear from you what kind of people you are. Especially, how you manage to convince Y/N to switch sides. I'm sure you know, or you've seen how much she hated science. Somehow, you managed to convince her. Aside from that, I saw your unbelievable mission..." Ukyo said. I close my eyes, knowing what he meant.

He told me that he followed Yuzuriha, and found out what Senku have told her to do. She's piecing all the broken pieces of the petrified people like 3D puzzles. It's unbelievable, the huge amount of diligent and patience one would need for such job.

"It's hard to believe, but if I'm right... even in this situation, you people are trying to save all of humanity. With the power of science. So I wonder... was that the true reason why Y/N switched her side?" Ukyo said, turning to look at me.

Yeah... we might be able to save everyone including the people who've been destroyed by Tsukasa if we put them back together like 3D puzzles. You nailed it. Ten billion points for you, Ukyo. And, what? Are you going to rat me out to Tsukasa-Sensei? Senku said, in a taunting voice.

"No. Senku, I wouldn't mind cooperating with you. On two conditions that is" he said. I can hear determination and no sign of lie in his voice, even without reading his mind.

I don't have time to beat around the bush. Get to the point. What's your conditions? He said. I can almost hear Gen's whine about how bad he is at negotiation. Ukyo just let out a chuckle at what he said.

"Okay, fine... my first condition is simple. No one can die..." he said. My eyes soften at what he said. Ever since the first day we met, Ukyo never liked violence. I can never quite figure you out, Ukyo. You're either a lovey-dovey idealist or... Senku's words got cut of by Ukyo, who scoffed.

"An idealist? I'm the biggest coward there is. The first time I saw Tsukasa destroy a statue, I was nothing but sad. I thought 'why? How could you?'. Still, I wanted to keep the revived from killing each other. To that end, I turned a blind eye to Tsukasa's statue destruction..." he said. I kneel down next to him, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. He place his hand on top of mine. I can feel his body trembles a little. I can see that he's trying to hold himself from crying.

"The statue are currently inanimate objects. To not revive them doesn't count as murder. Or so I convinced myself, with paper-thin seasoning. I know I'm a helpless coward. But I just can't bear to see anyone else die..." he said. His voice cracks a little as he speaks.

"Isn't that the last bastion of our humanity in this damn world? If you promise to produce zero casualties, I'll cooperate with you. But even if you kill one person-" he got cut off by Senku's laugh.

Sounds great, I'm in. No problem! We've said we'd try to make it a bloodless siege from the beginning. All that's changed is that it's a requirement instead of an ideal! Senku said. I let out a sigh at the confident in his tone.

"Thank you..." Ukyo said. I can feel his relief in his tone. What's the second condition? All you've mentioned is the first one... Senku said. Ukyo turns his head to look at me briefly.

"I want you to try your best to make the cure serum for Y/N. Promise me that you'd do everything it takes to save her from dying" he said. I stare at him in shock.

That's his condition? He wanted Senku to save me. I mean... Senku did promised he'd try his best to save me. But to make it a requirement like this. I don't even know if I could last that long to wait for them to finish the serum.

"Ukyo... that's a little..." I said. Ukyo turns to look at me with a stern gaze. His hand tap the bracelet in his wrist. I can feel a familiar tingle in my head. I focus on his mind.

Don't argue with me on this, Y/N. You know I'd rather try anything to keep you alive. Rather than watch you dying on me... he said, in my head. I let out a sigh and nod my head. There's no changing his mind on that. He already have his mind set on it.

"There's one thing I'm certain of now. When Hyoga attacked your village, he said this: our men died because of Senku's machination. That's wrong. You weren't the one who did it. It was Hyoga. Y/N told me about it before... but now I know for sure" he said. I give him an offended look, knowing he doubted me a little when I told him about Hyoga. He just smiles at me and ruffle my hair at my reaction. I just rolled my eyes as I swat his hand away.

I mean... I can't really blame him. I did show my strong hatred for science. So to have me suddenly sided with Senku would be a little strange. So it makes sense for him to want to make sure of it. But I don't know... knowing that Ukyo doubted me, it kind of hurts. Why do I even feel this way?

*to be continued*