Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I breathe heavily as the pain finally stops after a few seconds. I look up and stare at everyone. My gaze are colder than ice as I move to stand up. On of my hand still holding the microphone part of the cell phone. I breathe heavily as I stare at them.

-Painful Memories-

Y/N P.O.V

I stare at the ground, my whole body is shaking as I recall the horrid day. "They killed my family... right in front of my eyes. I thought they were going to kill me too. But no, they took me with them..." I said. I turn my head to look at them as they stare at me.

"They placed me inside a small room. A prison! Then everyday... they start to perform various kinds of experiments. Poking, probing my brain... to see how the human minds works. They keep doing that for years... like I was some kind of lab rat" I said.

"Once they figure out how the mind works. They'd start with injecting me with various kinds of serum. In hope, they can improve the human's gene. It was painful. I keep questioning myself. 'Why... why did they do this to me?' Over and over again. Until I'm able to get my hands on the answers. They were trying to create a modified human. A super human. With high intelligence. Sharp senses and power" I said.

"Why they want to create such human? I wondered. So they can turn us into weapons. An unstoppable killing machine... again and again they performed their experiment on me and several other kids. If any of us dares to refuse to cooperate. They would start torturing us, until we're close to death. Believe me... I wish I was. So I don't have to go through all of that painful experiences anymore... but that's never the case. They would stop... they'd nurse me back to health. Only to start everything all over again! It was pure torture... in the end, I was the only kid who survived. Making me their most valuable asset. And so they start to train me..." I said. I bit my lips, trying to keep all of my emotions hidden.

"After they think I'm ready. They sold me of to any rich people, who's willing to pay me at the highest price. The people who bought me was no different from all those damned scientists" I said. I glare hard at the ground as I remember the faces of those evil people.

"Why won't I fight back if I was so strong? I couldn't. They put a collar on me..." I said, placing a hand on my neck. "A collar that would send 100,000 volts of electricity through my body... if I refuse to cooperate, they'd turn on the switch. Which sends excruciating pain all over my body..." I said. They stared at me in shock. I can see pity in their eyes and fear. I scoff at the way they're staring at me and turn to look at the man of Science himself.

"So, tell me, Senku... as a man of science. As a man of logic. Can I love science? After EVERYTHING it ever gave me... was misery? Do you think that was possible?" I spat. He stayed silent as he seem like he didn't know what to say.

"All of you are SO excited. So happy with this... this science you're working on! Can you all be sure that HE... won't turn into one of those mad scientist and turn all of you into his test subjects?!" I yelled at the people, while pointing at Senku. None of them said a thing, making me burst out into a loud laugh.

"No! Senku would never do that!" The boy in green shirt said. I turn to look at him. "Is that so?" I said. A girl with long blond hair nods her head. "Yeah. All his science have been doing is for the good" she said, in a soft tone. I let out a laugh at what she said.

"Why? Because he saved your life?" I asked. Her eyes widened at what I said. "H-How did you k-know?" She said. I burst out laughing at what she said. "All of you are SO funny. You are all so worried about Homura watching over your movements. That you don't even realize there's another set of eyes that's been observing you from a further distance. Gen... he knew I was there. He didn't say a thing to you?" I said. They turned their heads to look at Gen. He looks around and shakes his head.

"You threatened me!" He said. I scoff at what he said. I shake my head. "My my, Gen... for someone who works as a mentalist. You are quite dumb. You should know I won't be here for long... at some point I would have to return to the base for reports. And if you know how human mind works... you should be able to predict when I have to return. Which proves it that you only want to save yourself..." I said, with a smirk. I turn to look at the others as they stare at me.

"Well? It seems like none of you can answer that or are able to guarantee that Senku won't turn into a mad scientist" I said, smirking. "Senku, why won't you say something!" One of them said. Senku just stares at me.

He seems to be analyzing me. I can hear it inside his thought. He's thinking of a way to get me to agree in negotiating with him. But I don't have time for that nonsense.

"Well then... it seems like no one can give me some answers. I guess I have no reason to let this science progress any further. I think it's time for you to say goodbye to your beloved cell phone..." I said. I lift my hand high in the air. I was about to slam it into the ground.

"Haaa!!!" Someone yelled. I quickly turn around and lift my free hand. It was the blond girl. She jumps on me. Right after I lift my hand, she stopped mid-air.

I can see a look of surprise on her face. A chorus of gasps of shock can be heard around me. I shake my head and stand straight. I let out a chuckle as I stare at her.

"A sneak attack won't work on me... I can sense your movement from miles away" I said, smirking at her. She looks shocked at what I can do. I let out a giggle at the way she stares at me.

"What? Shock? This is one of the things those mad scientist gave me. In the modern time, we called it telekinesis. Don't try to fight me, because you'll only lose. That's for sure, because no one aside from me are able to do that. I'm One Of A Kind" I said. I flick my hand and send her backwards towards the others. I lower my hand and place her on her feet.

I turn to face the cell phone. I lift my hand, palm facing forward. I was about to crush the cell phone, when I feel a presence near me. I feel gentle tug on my skirt. "N-Nee-San..." a voice said. I turn around to see a boy. He's holding my skirt in his fist gently. I just stare at him.

"Riku, no! Stay away from her! She's dangerous!" A woman said. The boy turn to the woman and shakes his head. "No, mom! She's not dangerous" he said. He turns to look at me and smiles softly.

"It was you wasn't it, Née-San? When the village was on fire. You were the one who pulled me out of the way. I was floating in the air... you said no one was able to do it... so it had to be you..." he said, grinning at me. My eyes widened at what he said. I realize he's the same boy I saved that day.

I start to feel dizzy again, this time it's worse than earlier. I clutch my head tightly. I feel blood slowly dripping down my nose. "Ack!" I groaned in pain. I fall on my knees. My body falls to the side. Then my surroundings turns dark.

*to be continued*