Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

Hyoga will be here tomorrow. Tsukasa just told me to stay back and observe. He told me to make sure that nothing major is being developed. Guess I'm going to be here for a bit longer.

-Hyoga's Attack-

Y/N P.O.V

The villagers seem to be having some sort of party, after the girl is cured. It seems like Senku have been declared the new chief of the village. Senku and the cured girl walks away from the village. Hmm... should I follow him? Yes, I think I should. I jump from the tree and follows along.

The girl seem to be taking him to a cemetery. I watch intently as the girl talks to Senku. I just focus on his mind to see if I can find out what they're talking about. Seem like he's thinking about his father. Who was an astronaut. Seems like these whole village is a descendant of his dad and a few other survivor.

I watch in silent as the girl walks away, with tears in her eyes. I turn to Senku as he stands over a stone. It looks weird, it can't be a gravestone. I watch as he shed some tears. He's... different. He's not like the scientists I once knew and hate.

***

I'm sitting on top of a tree, not far from the village. Everyone is still enjoying themselves. Senku walks towards them. I can see Gen warning them, that Tsukasa is coming for an attack.

I read the others minds. None of them seem to know about me, letting me know that Gen didn't snitch. I smirk to myself, knowing Gen terrified of my threat.

I can see a blond boy running across the bridge. He looks terrified. I reach inside his mind, and able to see what he saw. I can see a group of men in the forest, whom I knew are from Tsukasa's Empire.

'Hm, he's here sooner than I expected...' I thought. He start to fight with a brown haired guy on the bridge. He stabs him in the stomach, as Senku and the others runs towards him.

I can see Senku filling up a tube with dirt. Then pour in some black powder. 'Gunpowder?' I thought to myself. Gen told a guy to throw a rock. I let out a laugh. A bluff, huh? This village seem interesting.

Hyoga's men runs away. In their mind, I can hear that they're scared because they thought it was a gun. I shake my head in disbelief at how easy it is for them to be fooled. Hyoga eyed Senku for a moment, they seem to be having a conversation. He eventually turns around and walks away into the forest.

I jump through the tree, following Hyoga. He turns to me as soon as I landed on the branch above him. "You gave up... just like that? That's so unlike you, Hyoga..." I said, leaning my side on the tree bark.

"Y/N-Kun... you've been watching the whole time?" He said. I let out a chuckle and sit down. "Why ask if you already knew?" I said. "Then why didn't you lend me a hand?" He said. I can see the annoyance in his eyes.

"Oh? You need my help? Also, since when do I work for you? Tsukasa is the one who sent me here... he didn't say anything about helping you. He only told me to observe" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. He clicks his tongue and looks away from me.

I turn my head to look at Gen. I smirk at the sight of him. He stares at me in fear. He's thinking that I'm going to tell Hyoga about his little betrayal.

"You look like you're staring at a ghost, Gen. Relax, it's just me. We're on the same side, aren't we?" I said, smirking at him. His eyes widened slightly. He probably didn't expect me to say that.

"O-Oh... yeah. Of course, Y/N-Chan" he said, in a cheerful tone. I turn to look at Hyoga and jumps down the tree. "So... what's your plan, hm? Now that you know Senku is alive. Shall we head back... or do you wanna do another attack?" I said. His men starts to throw a tantrum, about how he's humiliated and can't return to Tsukasa after that. If only you know, you're only scared for a bluff gunshot. Stupid.

"We could attack them during the storm. The wind will make it impossible for them to make their gun works..." Gen said. I turn to look at him. He gulps at my stare and avoids eye-contact.

Hyoga's men agrees to his suggestion. I turn to look at Hyoga. I focus on his mind. Sending these fools as pawns to attack the village won't be so bad after all. They're useless even as pawns he thought.

I clench my hands into tight fists at what he said. Knowing he only sees these people as pawns, makes my blood boils. Hyoga is no different from all those selfish people. All he cares about are his own selfish desires.

Time-skip

Dark clouds starts filling the sky. Which means the storm is closing in. Hyoga's men laughs. "The storm is finally here! Seems like the God are on our side!" One of them said. They head towards the village to attack them again.

Hyoga turns to look at me. "What? You still expect me to lend you a hand? Nope... Tsukasa only told me to observe" I said. He rolls his eyes at me and turns around to walk towards the village.

I turn my head to look forward as I hide on top of a tree. Senku is standing in the middle of the bridge. Hyoga's men starts running towards him. He turns around and pulls out a fire wick. The wind blows the fire.

Instead of panicking. He starts to smirk. Suddenly, a group of people jumps out of their spots. They each holds a katana. I stare at it in surprise. This Senku guy isn't a joke. He manage to create a katana in the stone world.

In no time, they manage to destroy Hyoga's mens weapons. Hyoga calmly walks towards them and start to show that he's way stronger than them. A blond girl use a guy's katana as leverage to propel herself into the air. Hyoga moves his kudayari and points it at the girl. But before any harm can be done, the sharp stone breaks apart.

I smirk to myself. Looks like Gen's brave enough to betray Hyoga. That guy... have a nerve. Betraying the Tsukasa's empire. All of that, just for a bottle of cola. I wonder how Tsukasa will react upon finding out about this.

*to be continued*