Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Y/N! Y/N... hang in there" I can hear his footsteps. I can make out two figures running towards me. I feel my body getting picked up, and gently placed on a lap. I just close my eyes and everything turns dark.

-New Friend-

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and realize I'm inside a cave. I turn my head slightly to see Ukyo and Yuzuriha. Yuzuriha is rinsing a towel. She turns to me and smiles softly when she notices I'm awake.

"You're awake, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I just give her a weak smile. She scoot closer to me and gently wipe the blood from my upper lips. I just close my eyes as she wipes the blood.

"Okay, you're all cleaned up..." she said. I open my eyes and smiles at her. "Thank you, Yuzuriha-Chan" I said. She gives me a close eyes smiles. I turn to look at Ukyo as he just stares at me. I can see a look of relief spreading across his face. He scoots closer and sit down next to me. He gently grabs my hand. I give his hand a light squeeze.

"I'm okay, Ukyo... don't worry about me" I said. He just give me a small smile. "I know... but what you told me earlier..." he trailed off. I just turn to look at Yuzuriha.

"It's okay... she won't snitch on me. She's Senku's friend, remember?" I said. Yuzuriha's eyes widened as I mention her male friend. I turn to look at her and smiles softly.

"He's a good person, huh? Right, Yuzuriha-Chan? And If I have to be completely honest with you... these whole time, I've always knew that he was alive..." I said. Her eyes widened at my sudden reveal.

Flashback

I stare at Yuzuriha after she froze right after I said I hated science. I raise an eyebrow at her, noticing how she's clearly panicking. I focus on her mind and try to read what she's thinking.

This is bad... I can't let Y/N know that Senku-kun is alive. Y/N have been showing nothing but excellencies ever since she got de-petrified. I have to tell Taiju-Kun about this. I have to warn him that Y/N could be a threat to Senku-Kun's plan... is what I heard in her mind.

So the man that Tsukasa have been worrying about is still alive. He's out there somewhere, ready to build a scientific civilization. As much as I hate science.

I'll see where this is going, so I won't tell Tsukasa about this for now. Not that I want to tell him anyway. I have no prove. So telling him would only mean revealing my secret of having powers.

End of Flashback

Yuzuriha just sit there, staring at me wide-eyed. "Y-You mean..." she stuttered out. "Yeah... I can read your mind, Yuzuriha-Chan. I've always knew that Senku was alive, even before Hyoga confirmed it" I said.

"If you can read mind... does that mean you have, powers?" She said. I nod my head. I lift my hand and the mug in the room starts floating. "Telekinesis. My speed and sharp sight also parts of it... without any of it, I'm just a normal girl" I said. She stares at me in complete shock.

I lower my hand and place the mug back on the ground. I clutch my head as it starts hurting again. I turn to lay on my side and curled up, crying out in pain.

"Y/N-Chan!" Yuzuriha cried out, placing her hands on my back. "I'm... fine" I breathe out weakly. I turn to lay on my back and smiles softly at Yuzuriha and Ukyo, as they stare at me with worried expressions. I just smile at the two of them.

***

I just keep laying inside the cave. My whole body feels like jelly. It's getting worse as the days goes by. I'm worried that I don't even have a year. It will be by pure luck if I can still be alive for a few months.

Yuzuriha comes to my cave, holding a pottery bowl in her hand. "I brought you some food, Y/N-Chan. Do you think you can eat?" She said. I just nod my head. She places the bowl on the ground and helps me sit up.

"Thanks, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said, as she hands the bowl to me. I slowly starts to eat the food. It feels nice to have a something warm. I turn to look at the entrance of the cave.

"Where's Ukyo?" I asked. She shakes her head. "I'm not sure... he's probably on patrol duty..." she said. I just hum and nod my head. I close my eyes, trying to connect with Ukyo.

Ukyo? I called out. I wait for a few seconds, but he's not responding. Sorry, Y/N. Not now... I'm chasing some people. We have an intruder here... he said. I furrow my eyebrow as I open my eyes. Yuzuriha is staring at me in confusion.

"Uh... I gave Ukyo a bracelet that allows him to talk to me telepathically..." I said. She hums and nods her head. "Wait... what?? You can do that?" She said. I just smile and nod my head.

"You're an amazing girl, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I just smile at her compliment. "Even so... I kind of wish I'm just a normal human" I said. "Why?" She asked, staring at me in confusion. I turn to look at her and start telling her how I got these powers.

"I'm not normal... I wasn't born with it. I didn't get it from birth. It was, given to me by a bunch of mad scientist through gruesome experiments. Some of which have caused death of a lot of children. I'm the only one who made it out alive..." I said. As soon as I finish telling her, I'm already in tears.

Yuzuriha scoots closer to me. She gently wraps her arms around me. I just smile softly, accepting her embrace. She's trying to calm me down and it makes me appreciate her even more.

"Thank you, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said, after pulling away from the hug. She smiles and nods her head. "Of course... you've befriended Senku-kun. So it comes naturally that you're my friend too" she said. I just smile softly at her comment. Looks like I have made a new friend.

It brought warmth into my heart. A feeling I never thought I could experience again after all the trauma I had to endure all those time. I never knew I could even feel something to begin with.

I thought I've lost all sense of emotion except anger and hatred. But Ukyo, Yuzuriha, Senku and the rest of the Kingdom of Science have taught me how to be open again. I'm truly grateful for that... for them.

*to be continued*