Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

No... my health is deteriorating I thought to myself. I smile softly at him. "Yeah... I'm okay. I'm a human after all. Even with the things I'm able to do... I do have the point where I'd feel tired" I said. He just let out a hum. I smile softly at him and place my head on his shoulder again. I close mr eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Paying A Visit-

Y/N P.O.V

Me and Ukyo are doing our regular patrols around Tsukasa's empire. So far, there's still nothing going on around here. I'm currently standing right on top of a tree. I stare into the distance from all direction to see if I can see something out of the ordinary.

'Everything's normal...' I thought to myself. I turn my body. I jump down from a tree, landing in front of Ukyo who's sitting by a tree. He jumps slightly at my sudden appearance.

"There's nothing really happening around here, and it's almost been almost half a year. I wonder if they actually planning on doing something in that so-called Kingdom of Science..." I said. Ukyo shrugs his shoulder at what I said.

"We should head back..." I said. He nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, we should" he agreed. I offer my hand to him and he grabs it. I gently pulls him to his feet. Then we make our way to the base.

***

Ukyo stands in front of Tsukasa as he reports today's patrol. Tsukasa just nods his head. He turns to look at me.

"It's been almost a year... it's time for you to go back to that village. See if they made anything" he said. I just nod my head. "Okay... I'll be leaving now" I said. I turn around and walks away from the base. I jump up a tree. I stretch a little and start to jump forward, making my way towards the village.

I take a seat at my usual spot on the tree. They're gathering over something. I crouch down on the tree branch I'm in. Over time, my powers increase. Now, just like Ukyo... I have a sharp hearing too.

"It's the birth of the cell phone!" Senku said

"It's the birth of the cell phone!" Senku said. My eyes widened in shock. Cell phone?! That's what they've been making these whole time.

I jump down the tree and speeds up towards a hut, that looks a lot like an observatory. They're too busy talking among themselves, that they didn't realize my presence.

I take a seat on roof and let out a laugh, earning all of their attention. "Well well... a cell phone, huh? I am very much impressed that you guys manage to create all of that from scratch" I said. They turn to face me and their eyes widened.

"Who are you?!" A blond girl said. I place my hand on my chest. "Oh me? I'm just a humble visitor, here to pay you all a visit. I came all the way from Tsukasa's empire. Nice to meet you" I said, grinning at them. I can hear a chorus of gasps coming from them.

I stand up and jumps down from the roof. The girl quickly pulls out her katana. "Oh, my... not very friendly. Look at me... I'm unarmed" I said, lifting both of my hands up.

"Quit blabbering and tell us why you're here?!" She said. I let out a hum and place my hands behind my head. "You're not one to have a short conversation, huh? Very well then..." I said. I lower my hand and swiftly move passed her and everyone else. I walk towards the cell phone. I pick up the microphone part of the cell phone.

"Wow... this thing's pretty neat. How long does it take for you to make it exactly?" I said. They turn around and stares at me in shock. I can see their looks of disbelief.

"How did you even... what's with that speed?" The girl said. I turn to look at her and grins. "Speed? What speed? That's a normal speed to me. I can be way faster than that if I want to..." I said, grinning mischievously at her.

She take a battle stance. I lift the microphone in my hand. "One step... and I'll destroy everything" I said, making her stop. I grin at her, knowing she wouldn't dare to fight me.

"Good girl..." I said, smirking at her. Now that their cell phone are close in my reach, they wouldn't dare to attack me. I take the chance to look around the place.

"So this is the science site? Hmm. How impressive. Unfortunately for me... I don't quite understand why you lot love science so much" I said. I turn to look at the villagers as they stare at me.

"How can someone not? Science are awesome!" A boy with spiky hair and greenish outfit said. I let out a sarcastic laugh. I place my hand on my face as I laugh at what he said.

"Awesome? That's the biggest bull I've ever heard. Sure... it's all fun and enjoyable at the beginning. But that was until, some scientist decide to ruin people's life. Just like they did to me all those years ago!" I said, glaring at them with hatred in my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He said. I turn to look at the girl. I point a finger at her with my free hand. "You... the girl with a watermelon rind. How old are you?" I said. She points at herself. I nod my head. "I a-a-am... 9 years old..." she said. I hum softly at her.

"I was younger than you when that happened to me. When Science ruined my life!" I said. "W-What are you t-talking about?" One of them asked. I turn to look at them and clench my free hands into tight fist.

"I once had a happy... loving family. I thought that my life was going to be perfect, I thought I was going to have a promising future. Well... it was perfect. But that all changed when a group of people who called themselves scientists, barged into my house. They took EVERYTHING from me" I spat angrily. I feel tears building up in my eyes. As I recall the painful memories.

Flashback

"Mom! Dad!!! S/N!" I yelled out. Fire surrounds me. I was shaking in fear. My dad came to my rescue. He took me out of the house. But as soon as we step a foot outside. He was shot to death.

"Dad... daddy!! Wake up!!" I yelled, shaking his body. He lift his hand and gently cups the side of my cheek. "Y/N... my baby. Run..." he said. His hand falls to his side. I watched in horror as life left his eyes. I look around where my mom and sister laid on the ground, also dead.

I feel hands grabs onto me. "Please! No! Don't kill me! I don't wanna die!!" I pleaded. But the people who held me in their grip didn't let go. That day, I thought I was going to die... oh how I wished I was dead instead.

End of Flashback

I let out a laugh as I shake my head, clutching onto my head, trying to dismiss that memory. My head starts to hurt again. I fall on my knees as I scream from the pain.

I breathe heavily as the pain finally stops after a few seconds. I look up and stare at everyone. My gaze are colder than ice as I move to stand up. On of my hand still holding the microphone part of the cell phone. I breathe heavily as I stare at them.

*to be continued*