Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

I unroll the sleeping bag and lay down, facing Y/N. I watch as her chest rises and fall at a steady rhythm. I smile to myself, feeling relieved that Y/N's gonna be alright. Hurry up and wake up, Y/N...

-I'm Here-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes, and stares at the rocky ceiling above me. I lift my hand and inspect it. There are no scratches or any type of injuries.

I smile to myself. I can't believe it... Senku actually did it. He managed to make the serum. It's hard to believe, in a stone world like this. He still manage to find a way to make it possible. He saved my life, just like he promised.

I hear a soft snore. I turn my head to the sound to see Ukyo sleeping not far from me. He's sleeping with his body facing me. My eyes soften at the sight of him. I slowly get up from the bed and walk over to him.

I sit down in front of him and stares at his face. He have bags under his eyes. He must've lacked of sleep. Did my condition scares him that much? I bit my lips as I stare at him in sadness.

I lift my hand and gently place it on his cheek. I start to caress his skin softly. I can see his eyes moves a little. He slowly opens his eyes. He looks confused for a few seconds. He turns his head to look at me.

"Y-Y/N?" He said, stuttering a little. I give him a soft smile. "Hey. Good morning, Ukyo..." I said. His eyes widened as he quickly sits up. He throws his arms around me. I squeak in surprise at his sudden move. I just smile and hugs him back.

"Thank God! You're okay, Y/N... don't do that to me again! You have no idea how much you scared me, do you?! Gosh, Y/N... I thought that I'm going to lose you!" He said. I nod my head at every words he said. He tighten his arms around me, burying his face in my hair.

His whole body starts to shake lightly. I feel my shirt getting wet, letting me know that he's crying. I just close my eyes as I rub his back gently, trying my best to calm him down.

His crying slowly stops, but he didn't pull away from me. Instead he snuggles closer into my embrace. His arms tightening around me. It's like he's scared that I might disappear if he lets go.

"I'm here, Ukyo... I'm not going anywhere..." I said, in a soft voice. He nods his head. "I know... I was just scared. I needed a reassurance that you're okay" he said, in a hush tone. I just smile softly to myself. I just let him hold me for as long as he needs to give himself that sense of assurance.

He finally pulls away after a while. He gives me a small smile as leans his forehead against mine. "You have me so scared, Y/N. You were getting worse. I-I thought t-that I'm going to lose you..." he said, tears starts gathering in his eyes again. I frown as I gently cup his cheeks.

"But you're not losing me... I'm here. I'm still here" I said. He leans into my touch, as he places his hand on top of mine. "I'm so glad to know you're alright" he said, closing his eyes. I smile softly at him.

"Ukyo..." I said. He opens his eyes and stares at me. "Yeah?" He said. I smile at him as I gently caress his cheek. I pull my forehead away from his.

"I love you too..." I said, smiling softly at him. His eyes widened at what I said. "Y-You do?" He said, stuttering a little. I smile softly at him and nod my head.

"I've always love you... you were the first person who showed me kindness after I woke up in this stone world. The first person I could trust with my dark secrets. You always stood by my side when I needed someone to lean on. Even when I tried to push you away, you still stayed. That's one of the reasons why I love you..." I said, staring at him with in the eyes with a gentle smile on my face.

A huge grin spreads across his face. He cups both of my cheeks and leans forward. I close my eyes, as I feel a soft pressure on my lips. I smile into the kiss as I kisses him back.

We pull away for air. "I'm happy... so happy that you feel the same way, Y/N. I love you so much" he said, leaning his forehead against mine. I smile softly at him and kisses his nose. He blinks in surprise at my action. His cheeks tinted pink, which makes me let out a soft giggle.

I turn my head when someone enters the cave we're in. "Ah... you're finally awake" he said. I just smile at him. "Yeah. Thanks, Senku... you saved me with that serum you made" I said. He shrugs his shoulders at what I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. It was you... I was only following the notes. You're the one who gave me the recipe and instructions" he said. I let out a chuckle.

"Now I see why everyone's been talking about..." I said. He stares at me in confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked. "You're a tsundere. You acted like you don't care about people. I've seen how creepy and scummy your face can get. But I know deep down you do care about those around you. I have faith in you, Senku. You gonna save lives... 10 billion percent" I said. He blinks at what I said. He scoffs and looks away from me with his cheeks slightly red. Ukyo and I let out a laugh at his reaction.

He rolls his eyes and turns to look at us. He turn his gaze down and notice my hand which is still being held by Ukyo. I can see a smirk spreading across his face.

"I see you two are finally admitting yourself... well, congratulation to the new couple" he said. I blush deep shade of red at what his comment. I turn to look at Ukyo to see his cheeks are also as red as mine. How the table have turned. Just a second ago, I'm the one teasing him. Now he's teasing us. But I just smile nonetheless.

"Thank you..." I said. Ukyo nods his head as he wrap an arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, thank you... Y/N is saved thanks to your diligent and hard works. It's all thanks to you... I don't have to lose her. I owe you, Senku" he said. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. Senku just nods his head. He turns around and walks away, leaving the two of us alone.

I turn to look at Ukyo, as he stares back at me. He lift his hand, gently cupping the side of my cheek. "Y/N, I love you..." he said. I place my hand on top of his. "I love you too, Ukyo..." I said. He leans in slowly. I just close my eyes, accepting his kiss. I gently wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. Ukyo and I are together now. It makes me so happy... I love him.

*to be continued*