Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

I just close my eyes and smiles softly. I guess... that's how it is, huh? I guess that means, I'm befriending the Kingdom Of Science.

-I Have To Go Back-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm quite fit enough to walk around, so I can finally leave Chrome's shed. I sit on top of a rock as I watch them making a second cell phone. I place hug one of my knee close to my chest, while the other dangles over the rock.

"Hey, Senku..." I said. He turns to look at me. "What is it?" He said. "I'm already fit enough. I need to go back to Tsukasa..." I said. Chrome turns to look at me. "What?? Why? I thought you've changed sides!" He said. I let out a sigh and turns to look at him.

"But he doesn't know that, remember? We can use it to our advantage. I can give you guys an intel... I will find a way to come back here, I promise... I've been here long enough. Any longer and Tsukasa would start to suspect me" I said. He let out a sigh and nods his head.

I move to stand up and smiles at them. "Thank you, for everything..." I said. I turn away and run towards a tree. I jump up and turn to look at my new friends. I smile softly at them and jumps from tree to tree, making my way to Tsukasa's empire.

***

I jump down the tree, which is right next to the cave where Tsukasa is. I slowly make my way inside the cave. Ukyo's surely the first to know I'm here. He's able to hear my footsteps.

"Tsukasa... I'm back" I said. He looks up from his spot in his throne. "Welcome back... what took you so long, Y/N?" He said. I give him an apologetic face.

"I got sick... so I need to find a cave where I can keep warm for a bit. To be honest, I still feel a bit dizzy. But well, I force myself to come back. Wouldn't want to make you lot worried about me, huh?" I said, with a sly grin on my face.

"Hmm... anything new with the village?" He asked. I shake my head. "I'm sorry, I couldn't get that much observing done with my current condition..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head.

"You can go and get some rest" he said. I just nod my head at what he said. I turn around and make my way outside. I take a seat under a tree and lean my head back.

"I'm glad you're okay" someone said. I turn my head to see Ukyo. I smile as he makes his way over to me. He take a seat next to me. I scoot closer to him, and place my head on his shoulder.

I wince as I place my hand on my head. "Are you still in pain?" He said. I just nod my head, without saying anything. I can feel something starts dripping from my nose. I lift my hand and place it on my nose. I pull my hand away to see it's blood. Great... another nosebleed.

"Your nose is bleeding?!" Ukyo said. He place his hands on my shoulders, staring at me with a panic expression. "Help! Any-" he yelled. But I quickly cover his mouth with my clean hand. He just stares at me with a startled expression.

"Shut up... I don't need anyone knowing how bad my condition is. Besides, even if they know... they can't do anything to help" I said. He takes out an animal skin cloth and start wiping away the blood.

"What's actually happening to you..." he said, after the blood finally stops. He keeps the cloth against my nose, in case it starts dripping again. I place my free hand on top of his, gently removing it from my nose.

"To put it simply... I'm dying" I said. His eyes widen at what I said. "D-Dying?!" He said, louder than he needs to. "Shut. Up!" I hissed. "Sorry... but, what do you mean you're dying?" He said. I rolled my eyes at his question.

"I mean exactly what I said. Ukyo... judging my how frequent my headaches are coming. I only have a year left" I said. He stares at me in sadness. "B-But... there h-has to be something that can save you!" He said. I nod my head at what he said.

"There is... but we need science to make it. In other words, Senku's knowledge" I said. He furrows his eyebrow in confusion. I just smile softly at him. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I lied when I said I need to find a cave to rest. It was Senku and the others who saved me. They took me inside their shed and nurse me, until I feel better... Senku and I had a deal. He's going to work on the serum that'll save me" I said. Ukyo didn't talk, as he gently wraps his arm around my shoulder. My face is now buried in the crook of his neck.

"Ukyo..." I said, feeling a bit surprised at Ukyo's new character. "I... I can't lose you, Y/N..." he whispered. My eyes soften at what he said. He tightens his arms even more. I can feel my shirt getting wet.

"It was hard enough when I had to listen to Tsukasa daily destruction on the statues, knowing that he'd killed people. You're the only one who can calm me down when that happens with your presence. But this... this is the worse. The thought of losing you scared me. I can't..." he said. I gently wrap my arms around his torso.

"You're important to me, Y/N... you're the first one I could trust ever since I got de-petrified" he added. I pull away slightly to look at him. I smile softly and gently cups his cheeks.

"Everything's going to be okay, Ukyo. Senku and the rest of the Kingdom of Science promised that they'd do everything they can to save me. Let's put our trust in them, okay?" I said. He just nods his head at what I said.

"What happened? I thought you hated science. Why the sudden change?" He asked. I just smile and start to tell him everything. From how I approach them, to how they took care of me... along with how Senku insisted that he'd try to make the serums for me.

I purposely skips out the cell phone part. I can't risk having anyone eavesdropping and heard about that. I don't care if they know that I've changed sides. But I can't let them know about the cell phone. They'd instantly report it to Tsukasa and it'll be game over. Senku just taught me that not all science are bad. I will protect that science.

I feel my head starts to hurt again. I clutch my head painfully. "We need to find help, Y/N. I can't watch you like this..." he said, desperately. I turn to look at him weakly.

"Yuzuriha..." I said, in a weak voice. He nods his head, understanding what I meant. He get up and start running, trying to look for the short brunette girl. As soon as he's out of my sight. I fall on the ground, still clutching my head.

"Y/N! Y/N... hang in there" I can hear his footsteps. I can make out two figures running towards me. I feel my body getting picked up, and gently placed on a lap. I just close my eyes and everything turns dark.

*to be continued*