Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

He focuses on stitching her wound. I run my hand through Y/N's h/c hair. Please, Y/N... you have to live. I can't live without you. You can't leave me, Y/N... I need you.

-Don't Leave Me-

Ukyo P.O.V

After treating Y/N's wound. Senku have to focus on Tsukasa, who's in as much critical condition as Y/N is. As much as I want him to focus on her, I know I can't be selfish. I just hope that Y/N can hold on.

I stand next to Nikki and Yo, watching them taking apart their creations. "My adorable Steam Gorilla's going to be reborn into something awesome again!" Grandpa Kaseki said. Not far from them is Suika and Chrome, taking apart the cell phone.

"We're taking the cell phone apart too" Chrome said. "Get all that gold wire!" Suika said. The three of us just dead panned.

"Seriously, primitive?" Yo said. Nikki nudges his side. "Shut up... we're the primitive at this point" she said. "What are you making?" I asked. Senku turns to look at us.

"Oh, refrigerator" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. "Refrigerator?!" The three of us said in sync.  "Well, more like a freezer" he said, turning around. "In the stone world?" I said, in disbelief. Gen shows up with a weird expression.

"Ah, yeah yeah. That's what I always said too. But all I can do now is laugh" he said, then he just laughs.

I let out a sigh

I let out a sigh. Gen's right... it's Senku we're talking about. He surely knows what he's doing. I shouldn't be surprise with that.

***

We're now gathering inside the cave, where Tsukasa is. Chrome and Senku starts working on assembling the freezer. Apparently, he decided to freeze Tsukasa to death. He said it's the only way to save his life. We will try and look for the source of the petrification. Petrified Tsukasa and revive him, in hope that the healing effect would heal him.

Once the freezer is done. Grandpa Kaseki told all of us to leave. Senku wants to be alone, since it's count as killing Tsukasa. I can feel sadness growing within my chest. I can't imagine if this happens to Y/N. I let out a sigh and make my way towards the cave where Y/N is.

I move the curtain aside. Y/N is laying on the bed. I can feel my chest tighten at the sight of her. She look like she's only sleeping. But I know better than that. She's in a battle between life and death, and the only hope to save her life is Senku. He needs to make the serum for her. That's the only way.

I make my way closer to her. I sit down next to her. I gently grab her hand, holding it in mine. I lean down and place my forehead on the bed. Tears slowly fall from my eyes.

"Y/N... you have to hold on. For me... I can't lose you. I need you... p-please. Don't leave me in this world alone" I said. I feel tears falling in my eyes. I let out a choke sob as I start to cry softly.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head as the person enters. "Senku..." I said. He walks further in and stand next to me. "How is she holding up?" He asked.

"She's getting weaker... Senku! You have to start on the serum now! She's running out of time!" I said, standing up. I grab onto his shoulders, shaking him lightly. He places his hands on mine and move me away.

"Calm down, Ukyo. Everyone is already working on gathering the material for the serum. It's going to take some time. But we need to be patient" he said. I let out a frustrated sighs.

"Patient?! How can I be patient when the girl I love is fighting for her life, and the only thing that can save her is that damn serum! You won't understand that pain because you don't have anyone you love!" I yelled. He just stares at me in silence.

"Panicking will get you nowhere. Instead of sitting here, mopping around. You better come and help me make the serum. The more people working on it, the faster it is" he said. I just nod my head. I turn to look at Y/N. I kneel down and lean down to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Please hold on, Y/N... I'll save your life. You gonna be fine. I promise..." I whispered in a hush tone, as I gently caress her head. I stand up and turn to look at Senku. He just turns around and walks out of the cave. I quickly follows him.

Chrome turns to look at us. "So, Senku... what are we going to do first?" He said. Senku starts explaining what needed to be done. I can feel my head getting dizzy by what he said. How can someone understand these kind of things?

But the recipe is from Y/N. So, she'll understand these kind of things. I didn't know that she's that smart. Her intelligence probably surpass Senku's. Well... who cares about that? What's important is that we need to get the serum done. So we can save Y/N's life.

"This gotta be the hardest project we'd be making so far..." Chrome said. Everyone else nods their heads in agreement to what he said. They've made a lot of things, and they say this is the hardest. Wow, I can't imagine what things would be if it were up to me to lead everyone.

"Senku!! Ukyo!!!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see Yuzuriha running towards us. "What's wrong, Yuzuriha?" I said. She stops in front of us. She breathes heavily as she stares at us with tears in her eyes. "Y/N... Y/N's getting worse!" She said. My eyes widened in horror. I break into a sprint as I run towards the cave Y/N's in.

I rush inside and see Y/N convulsing. I rush to her side and drop on my knees. Her eyes are open, but they're all white. I shake my head as panic starts to grow within me.

"No... no no no, Y/N... hey, can you hear me, Y/N?" I said. I place my hands on her shoulders. She didn't respond and keeps on convulsing. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

"Y/N... Y/N!! Please... hold on! Don't give up, Y/N! I can't lose you!" I said, shaking her lightly. Her body is slowly starting to get hotter. Blood starts to flow out of her nose and mouth.

My eyes widened in pure terror. I remember what she said. If blood starts to come out from every hole of her body, her brain will explode. She only have a few days.

"Senku... we're running out of time!!" I said. He nods his head. "We need to speed things up to make the serum for her. We can't afford to make mistake! One mistake means death to her" He said.

My eyes widen at what he said. I shake my head, not wanting to accept the truth. No... please God, please give us more time. I'm begging you. Don't take Y/N away from me.

*to be continued*