Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

For the first time, in a long time. I feel warm in my heart. A feeling I normally felt when I'm around Ukyo. Back in Tsukasa's base. He's the only one I can truly be around with. Aside from him, I always seem to put my guard up. Maybe these people weren't so bad after all. Senku maybe right... not all scientist are evil.

-Befriending The Kingdom Of Science-

Y/N P.O.V

I just lay inside the room they placed me in. Which happens to be where Chrome and Senku lived. The window is open, so I can have a clear view of the sky outside.

"Heyya~" Gen said, popping his head up. I just give him a straight face. "Damn... I forgot you can sense people, how unfair..." he said, sulking. I just raise an eyebrow at him.

"What brings you here?" I said. He pouted at what I said. "How eanie-may... can't I just check up on you? I gotta have a reason for that?" He said. I rolled my eyes at what he said. "I thought you're scared of me" I said. He just let out a chuckle at what I said.

Senku appears by the door and enters the hut. He take a seat across from Gen. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Better..." I said. He hums and nods his head.

"I still don't understand why you'd want to help me. I'm on the enemy's side... I could be a threat to your plan too. So why did you bother helping me?" I said. He just give me a smile.

"I'll always try to look for a way where everyone can be saved. I don't want any human to lose their life. That's why we're making the cell phone in the first place... so we can avoid any blood siege in this battle..." he said. My eyes soften at what he said. I turn to stare at the ceiling.

"To be honest... I never wanted to hurt people. But I don't have a choice. They'd start torturing me if I so much try to refuse cooperating with them..." I said. I shudder at the memories. I can still remember all the pain I've felt when they tortured me.

"Yeah... I'm aware about that. That's why you can't help but saved the boy. He explained to everyone how he floated mid-air before getting moved out of the way, so the burning wood won't fall on him..." he said. I just turn to look at him and give him a small smile.

I groan in pain as my head starts to hurt again. I turn to lay on my side as I let out a pained cry, while clutching onto my head. The pain of each headache are becoming more and more unbearable.

"I don't have much time left..." I said, after the pain stops. I remove my hands from my head, as I keep laying on my side which happens to face Senku. He stares at me in confusion.

"What do you mean? And this headache of yours. Did you have it before... or after the petrification" he said. I turn my head slightly to look at him. "Before. Way before..." I said, in a low voice. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't understand. The process of de-petrification have some sort of healing component. It healed my neck when Tsukasa broke it. It should heal you too" he said. I just let out an airy laugh at what he said.

"I guess it doesn't fix everything, huh?" I said, with a weak smile on my face. "How much time do you have?" He asked. I close my eyes for a bit. "Well, judging by how frequent it was... I'd say, about a year..." I said. His eyes widened at what I said.

"Is there anything we can do to help you? Tell me... what do you need? I'll make 'em. I'll save you, 10 billion percent" he said, confidently. I turn to look at him.

"It's going to be hard to make... with your current technology..." I said. He shakes his head at what I said. "I don't care! Do you know the recipe?" He asked. I just nod my head. He takes a piece of leather and a charcoal pencil.

"Write it down for me... I'll make it for you" he said. Gen helps me sit up. I take the leather and the pencil from him and start to write it down. I knew all the necessities to make the antidote because I manage to steal some of their files, which some contains these materials. I've been making some for myself while I was in hiding.

Chrome enters the hut and take a seat next to Senku. He stares at me, who's scribbling down what they're going to need to make the serum. He turns to look at Senku and Gen for explanation. They just explains it to him simply.

"I'm done..." I said. Senku gently take it from me. He starts scanning through the roadmaps. I can see his red eyes widening slightly. "This... t-this is..." Senku said. Chrome leans over and take a look. I can see his eyes widening as well.

"Oh shit... it's even a longer road map from when we created the sulfa-drug for Ruri. And it's even longer compare to the cell phone and it's our biggest work so far. Are you sure we can pull this off, Senku?" He said.

Senku just stays silent as he keeps staring at the roadmap. Gen scoots closer to them to take a look as well. I can see his face turning pale, at how long the roadmap is. I let out a chuckle at their reactions. Gen turns his head to look at me.

"What will happen to you if we don't manage to make it in time?" He said. "The pain will be even more unbearable. Blood will start coming out from every holes in my body. Then my brain will explode. In short, I'm going to die..." I said. They stare at me with their face as white as a sheet of paper. I shake my head at their reaction and smiled weakly.

"Too hard for you? Then... just forget it. I'm okay with it. Humans are going to die at some point... even the inhuman ones" I said. Senku turns to look at me and shakes his head.

"Nonsense... we won't know if we don't try. I'll make this serum for you. Until then, please try your best to hold on" he said. I just give him a small smile and a weak nod.

"Why... why'd you even want to try?" I asked. They look at each other and smiles at me. "You're our friend... that's why" Chrome said. My eyes widened at what he said. Friends... they considered me as friend? Even after I tried to destroy their phone.

I just close my eyes and smiles softly. I guess... that's how it is, huh? I guess that means, I'm befriending the Kingdom Of Science.

*to be continued*