Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

They have to win this war. After that, they have to hurry up and make those serums for me. It's the only way to save my life. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-A Call From The Dead-

Y/N P.O.V

I sense something is going on by the grave. So I went to check it out. I stand up and make my way towards the grave. I take a seat on top of a hill, quite far from them. I can see Nikki, along with Taiju and Yuzuriha. They seem to be talking to someone.

I squint my eyes, focusing my sight on something on the ground. I can make out something yellow. From where I'm seated, that's all I can make out. But that alone is enough for me to find out what it is. It's the cell phone they made when I confronted them. I just smile to myself, seems like they've delivered it.

I focus on the three people standing. "I'm sure you guys know how strong Tsukasa is. But it's not just him" Nikki said. My hearings are getting better and better. But it's still not as good as Ukyo.

"The people around him are formidable as well. I suppose he's got some grandiose vision for the world. He's been gathering capable people from all over. Sure, not all of them worship Tsukasa, but once they got a taste of Tsukasa's might and charisma, they all nod yes" she said.

"His right arm and left arm men, although he definitely doesn't consider them as such, are the ones he considers his most capable allies, you've met one of them" she said. I furrow my eyebrow at what she said. Is she talking about Hyoga? Obviously, he's the only one aside from me that met Senku.

Hyoga... I heard someone said from the speaker. I instantly know it's Senku. Nikki nods her head at what Senku said. "Yeah... the problem is the other man and his partner. The greatest impediments to our plans would be Ukyo and Y/N..." she said. I just smirk to myself.

Yuzuriha definitely didn't tell any of them that I've befriended the Kingdom of Science. That's why Nikki still think I'm a threat. I'll just watch and see where this is going.

Y/N, huh? Let me guess, she have e/c eyes and h/l h/c hair... Senku said. I can see confusion and shock spreading across Nikki's face. "H-How did y-you k-know?" She said. I can hear a chuckle coming from Senku's side.

If that's the girl you're talking about... then you've got nothing to worry. She's already on our side... and I'll place a bet on my neck, that she's actually around watching as we speak Senku said.

I let out a laugh at what he said. I jumps down the hill and speed over to them. "Your confident going to be the cause of your death on one of this day" I said. Nikki let out a gasp at what I said. She looks startled by my sudden appearance. I can hear Senku let out a chuckle.

I thought I wouldn't hear your voice again he said. I just let out a chuckle. "Oh hello, Senku... it's been a long time. Why? Were you expecting me? Oh... you missed me? How sweet~" I said. I can hear Senku clicking his tongue at what I said.

You know fully well that I have no interest in that kind of thing... he said, making me let out a laugh. Since the day we met, Senku made it clear that he have no interest in getting involved in a mushy stuff like relationships. But it's fun to tease him.

"Oh, I'm sorry for the lack of information like I had initially promised. I got sick again when I got back... I've been resting a lot too" I said.

Yeah, it's fine... the others will be glad to know that you're alright... he said, making me smile. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Nikki staring at me still in shock. I turn to look at her and grin.

"You heard what he said. I've became friends with the Kingdom of Science. Yuzuriha knew... and she didn't tell you? How could you, Yuzuriha-Chan?" I said, faking a pout as I turn to the girl. She let out a nervous laugh at what I said.

"I'm sorry, Y/N-Chan... I've been busy and tired. I guess it just slipped out of my mind" she said. I just hum softly and nod my head. "It's okay... not only were you busy with your sewing. You were also busy with looking after me when I was sick" I said, giving her a small smile.

"So, the only problem we have will be Ukyo. Did he knew about the cell phone?" Nikki said, turning to me. I turn to look at him and nod my head. "Even without me telling him... he already knew. After all, he's the one who caught Chrome" I said. They stare at me in shock.

"Oh, speaking of Chrome, he's doing fine in the little prison they made. But do hurry up and get him out of here, we all know how he tend to run his mouth. You know that one, don't you, Senku?"I said. Yeah... of course. We're doing every thing we can to speed things up... he said. I hum and nod my head, feeling satisfied by his answer.

The others just stare at me without saying anything. They're probably still in shock that Ukyo actually knew that there is something they're planning here. I turn to look at them and smirk.

"Anyway... I have to keep going. Ukyo's going to be looking for me" I said. They nod their heads. I smile at them and turn around. I start to walk, making my way to my cave.

I enter the cave and notice Ukyo is sitting by the bed. He turn to me. "Why do you keep walking around?" He said. I shrug my shoulders and take a seat on the bed. "I'm bored..." I said. He let out a sigh and flicks my forehead.

"Hey!" I said, rubbing my forehead. It didn't hurt at all, but it still caught me by surprise. He shakes his head and let out a chuckle.

"You need to rest, Y/N..." he said. "I've rested long enough. I can't lay around all day... sheesh" I said, rolling my eyes. He just shakes his head and make me lay down. I huffed as he pulls the blanket up to my chest.

"You're so bossy, Ukyo..." I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said. He ruffled my hair, making me let out a protest while swatting his hand away. "Rest..." he said. I let out a sigh and close my eyes.

***

Ukyo said he heard something from the grave where they set up a tomb for Senku. We both know that he is still alive, and he's at the village with the rest of its people. He's also well aware of what's going on. Even without me telling him. 

"You look like you're having fun... I'd like to hear that phone call, too" he said, as make our way to them. Taiju and Nikki looks scared at the sight of Ukyo. They turn to look at me, but I just give them a straight face.

Ukyo kneels down next in front of the microphone. Who am I talking to now? This is Lillian Weinberg the person on the other line said. I just cross my arms across my chest.

"Wow, it really is Lillian. I would've lost normally" Ukyo said. He turns to look at me and smiles. I just smile back at him. Well, I should've known he would caught on. If I can... so will he. After all, among the two of us, he's the one with a much sharper sense of hearings.

"However, there's no vibration in your voice after singing so enthusiastically. Which is hard for you to imitate, Gen..." he said, in full English. I can almost imagine the panic in Senku's and Gen's face.

I bit my lips, trying not to let out a laugh. Ukyo's just trying to make sure what kind of people they are. But, I decided to be mischievous for a bit and prank them.

I mean, in the stone world like this... we can't waste any chances to have fun. So that's what I'm gonna do. I wanna see how long Ukyo can put up his act before he drop his facade.

This will be fun~

*to be continued*