Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

But I still won't let those people have their way with their science. I'm not going to let it advance. They'll have a chance to re-build what those people have. They might try to strain me again. I refuse to let that happen.

No more...

-Observing-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm standing in front of Tsukasa. "Go to that village. I want you to observe them. Make sure there are no scientific advancement. Come back every 2 weeks for to file in a report to. Do you understand?" He said. I just nod my head at what he said.

"Anything else?" I asked. He shakes his head. "No... that's all. You're good to go" he said. I just nod my head and turns around. I walk out of the cave. I turn my head to look at a tree. I swiftly jump on top of it.

"Y/N!" I hear someone yelled. I turn my head to see Ukyo. He gets up the tree and stands in front of me. "Please be careful, okay? Remember what I said. No one can force you to do what you don't want to. You are free..." he said. I smile softly at him. "And I will make sure it'll stay that way" I uttered, in a low tone. He just stares at me for a few seconds.

"I'll be fine, Ukyo... if you need anything from me. You know what to do" I said, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. He nods his head, turning his head to look at his bracelet. I just smile at him one more time. I turn around and start jumping from trees to trees.

***

I finally reached the village, I settle myself down on a tree and watch them. I can see two guys. One with blond hair, the other with dark brown hair. They're pulling ropes from one direction to another. I stare at them in confusion. What are they making?

Senku walks forward, holding a wooden stick in his hand. I watch in awe as he starts to make something. I can see a familiar, fluffy shape. My eyes widened as I realize what that is.

Wow... a cotton candy. Didn't think I'd see that again in the stone world. I've never had cotton candy. One, those horrible people never allow me to have some fun. Two, I was never close to the people who took me in. So, I'm not so tempted by it.

But I wonder what they're trying to make with that. Surely, it won't be just cotton candy. There's no way Senku would think cotton candy can win over the war.

I feel a slight tingle in my head. I just close my eyes, knowing what it is. What is it, Ukyo? I said. I hear a soft laugh coming from his side. Wow, I didn't think it would actually work... he said. Oh, so you doubt me? I asked.

What? No! Of course not... I've seen what you can do. I just didn't think it would work on me, since I don't have telepathy like you do... he stammered nervously. I can hear him getting flustered. I let out a soft giggle.

I was only messing with you... so relax I said. I can hear a sigh. You scared me there for a second. You are so mean he whined. I shake my head and laughs softly.

So... anything bizarre over there? He asked. I open my eyes briefly and watch the people from the village enjoying their new treat. Nothing really extra. They are just making some cotton candy... I finally said, after a while.

Cotton candy?! In the stone world?! He yelled out. I jump at his sudden voice. Shut up! You scared me! I nearly fall from a tree! I said. Oops... sorry, Y/N... he said. I just roll my eyes at what he said.

Anyway, I have to go and observe them some more I said. Okay... take care, Y/N... he answered. Yeah, whatever... I said. He let out a chuckle. I open my eyes after cutting off the connection.

I open my eyes and leans my back against the tree. I place my hand on my head as I start to feel dizzy. This is bad... my body is slowly getting weaker. At this rate, I'll be sick.

Time-skip

Two weeks have passed like a breeze. Now it's time for me to return to Tsukasa for the first report. So, far... they're only making cotton candy. Then they use the machine to create something from gold. It looks like a gold wire. I wonder what they're going to make out of it.

I slowly walk inside the cave once I reached the base. Tsukasa who's been having a chat with Hyoga turns his head to look at me. "Ah... Y/N. Anything new?" He said.

"So far... they seem to be just having fun. All they're making are cotton candies..." I said. He raises an eyebrow at what I said. "That's all?" He said. I nod my head. "Yep... so, when's the next time I need to return?" I asked. He hum softly and nod his head.

"Have some rest and stay warm... you're one of our Empire's best fighters. We can't afford to overwork you. I'll let you know when you need to return..." he said. I just hum and nod my head. At least he's being a little considerate.

"Can I go now?" I asked. He nods his head. I turn my body around and walks out of his cave. I take a seat under a tree and lean my back against the bark. I let out a sigh as I stare at the sky.

"Y/N... you're back!" Ukyo said, as he jumps down from the tree. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. "Yeah..." I said. He takes a seat next to me. "So, how are things at the village?" He asked. I just shrugs my shoulders.

"Nothing much. They seem to be having fun. But... I can see them making some gold strands. What they are for... I have no idea" I said. He just hums softly. I start to yawn, feeling sleepy.

"Sleepy?" He asked. I just nod my head. He gently pat his shoulder. I didn't say anything and just place my head on his shoulder.

"This is so unusual..." he said. I pull my head away from his shoulder and turn to look at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Seeing you tired... are you sure you're okay?" He said.

No... my health is deteriorating I thought to myself. I smile softly at him. "Yeah... I'm okay. I'm a human after all. Even with the things I'm able to do... I do have the point where I'd feel tired" I said. He just let out a hum. I smile softly at him and place my head on his shoulder again. I close mr eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*