Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

Tsukasa closes his eyes as he seem to consider what Senku had said. From what I seen... he's nothing but a big brother that wanted his sister to be healthy again. Even in his mind, I can hear his thought. He just wants his little sister back. He opens his eyes. I can see a glint of hope in his eyes. "No... it's plenty...

That's plenty...

-Reviving Tsukasa's Sister-

Y/N P.O.V

Now that Tsukasa have agreed for a truce. I'm able to focus on giving Ukyo a proper treatment. I kneel in front of Ukyo, and he took of his top. I gently start to treat his wound, being focus not to hurt him.

"You're lucky it's not too deep. Your internal organs are unharmed" I said, while gently bandaging him. I turn my head and notices Tsukasa standing not far from us. He offers a hand to Ukyo. He accepts his hand, letting Tsukasa help him stands up.

Ukyo turns to me and offers his hand. I gently place my hand on top of his. I stumbles a little when the headache in my head comes back. Ukyo is quick to catch me before I fall.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I pull away from him and nod my head. "I'm fine..." I said. He just nods his head, even though his face shows that he doubts me. I just give him a reassuring smile.

***

We are now making our way towards where the old location of the hospital should be. Tsukasa is the one walking in front of us. I just walk in silence. All the voices surrounding me is blurred, as the headache on my head slowly worsen. I try my best to not show any sign of pain, because I don't want to worry Ukyo.

"The hospital suppose to be around here..." Tsukasa said, as he points at an empty land. Looks like we're going to have to start digging the ground in search for his little sister.

"I'll use my telekinesis to crack the ground open" I said. Senku nods his head. I take a few steps forward and take a deep breath. I slowly outstretched both of my hands. The ground begins to move as the it begin to crack open.

I wince in pain as my headache intensifies. I stumble forward and falls on my knees. "I-I'm sorry, Senku. I can't do it..." I said, weakly while clutching onto my head.

"Don't force it..." he said. I just nod my head. Ukyo rushes towards me and drops down next to me. He places his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay, Y/N?" He said, looking at me worriedly. I give him a weak smile and nod my head.

"It's best if you don't work..." he said, as he wraps my arm around his shoulder and helps me stands up. He walks me towards a rock and helps me sit down. I just comply and take a seat. They start to think of a plan on how to find Tsukasa's sister.

They ended up using several dynamite to break the ground. I cover my ears as at the loud sound. Even with my ears covered, the sound is still loud. I turn to look at Ukyo as he covers his ears too. It must be painful for him, with his sensitive hearings and all.

A Few Hours Later

The sun is setting. Tsukasa finally found his sister. I watch as he places the petrified little girl on the ground. Senku kneels down next to the little girl. He takes the cork covering the vial and slowly move it towards the girl.

"Wait, Senku! Mirai-Chan's naked!!" Taiju suddenly yelled, while poking Senku's eyes. I just wince at the sight. Goodness, that looked... and sounded painful. Senku kneels on the ground, covering his eyes. I can hear him letting out a pained sound.

Apparently, this isn't the first time Senku get poked in the eyes by Taiju. It happened before when they're trying to revive Yuzuriha. I just let out a soft nervous laugh. While Senku's talking, Yuzuriha is kneeling a few feet behind him. She seems to be sewing.

"Is this about the right size?" She said, holding a small dress in her hands. My eyes widened. "That was fast!" They said together. Wow... she's on a totally different level when it comes to crafting.

Yuzuriha put the dress on the little girl's body, while the guys wait not far from them. Yuzuriha stands up and calls out to Senku than she's ready. Senku grabs the vial and walks towards the little girl. He pours the revival fluid onto the little girl's head. I watch in amazement as the petrification is undone.

"Where am I?" The little girl said. I smile softly at the sight of her. She surely is the most precious girl I've seen. So small and innocent. I frown as my mind went back to my childhood. I was like that too, until those evil people came and took everything from me.

"Mirai..." Tsukasa said. The little girl turns to look at her. "Nii-Chan?" She said, staring at her brother. She let out a soft laugh that sounded so cute.

"You've gotten old... but you look good though. How long have I been asleep?" She said. Tsukasa pulls her into his embrace. "6 years... no, several thousands of years" he said. I watch as tears slowly streams down his cheeks.

Tsukasa kind of reminds me of my older sister. She did everything she could to fight back those people. She knew that they were hunting for young children for their cruel experiment. So she tried her best to protect me.

Flashback

S/N was standing in front of me. "Move aside, kid. Hand her over nicely... and we won't have to kill you" one of them said. S/N shook her head, still determined to keep me safe.

"No! If you want my little sister... you're going to have to go through me!" She yelled. Even though her body was visibly shaking, she still stood her ground. One of the men let out a sigh.

"We could've done this the easy way. Well, I guess it can't be helped. We can't afford to have witnesses anyway..." the men said. He pointed his gun at my sister and shots her. My eyes widened in horror, as I watched my sister fell onto the ground.

End of Flashback

"S/N..." I said, in a hush tone. After her death, my parents came home. My house burst into flames as they tried their best to get me out. But in the end, they too... lost their life.

I flinch when I feel a hand on my cheek. I turn my head to see Ukyo. He gently wipe the tears from my cheeks. I didn't even realize I had been crying until he wipe them away.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, his hand still on my cheek. "I just remember my family's sacrifice as they tried to keep me safe... but in the end, they all died. All because of those damned people who claimed to be scientists" I said, glaring at the ground in front of me. I've told Ukyo a while back, about why I hated science.

Senku turns his head to look at me. He must have heard what I said. "But not all scientist are bad, Y/N. It's illogical for you to claim all scientist are the same just because you've been mistreated by some. Those people aren't scientist. They don't deserve the title. Scientists suppose to help make people's life easier, not ruin them" he said. I nod my head at what he said.

"Yeah, I know... you have proven your words on that one. Thank you for opening my eyes" I said, giving him a small smile. He just shrugs his shoulders at what I said. Senku's right... I can't judge all scientist to be the same just because of those bad people. He have proven himself to me, that he's among the good ones... and I trust Senku.

*to be continued*