Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

I mean... I can't really blame him. I did show my strong hatred for science. So to have me suddenly sided with Senku would be a little strange. So it makes sense for him to want to make sure of it. But I don't know... knowing that Ukyo doubted me, it kind of hurts. Why do I even feel this way?

-The Beginning Of The War-

Y/N P.O.V

Ukyo and Senku have made a plan. We'll all meet up by the cave. We make our way there. I slowly come to a stop as I think about something. Ukyo turns to look at me. He have a confused expression on his face, probably wondering why I stopped.

"What are you doing, Y/N? Come on..." he said. I turn to look at the base, which is quite far from where we are right now. "I think I'll stay back for a look out. I need to make sure Tsukasa and Hyoga won't suspect anything" I said. He frowns at what I said.

"But it's too dangerous for you to face them alone, Y/N..." he said. I just smile reassuringly at him. "Did you forget? I'm not a normal human. I'm stronger than those two combine" I said. He let out a sigh and shakes his head.

"I'm not talking about strengths, Y/N. I'm talking about your condition... you're sick. What... what if something happen to you while you're alone" he said, staring at me with a worried gaze.

I let out a sigh and place my hands on his shoulders. "I'm going to be fine, Ukyo... you don't have to worry about me" I said, smiling softly at him. He let out a frustrated sigh at what I said.

"That's not what I'm trying to say, Y/N! You don't understand. I just can't lose you, okay?!" He said, moving my hands from his shoulders. He places his hands on my shoulders, shaking me lightly. I can hear the desperation in his voice. I stare at him in confusion. He takes off his hat and runs his hand across his hair to his face.

"I love you, okay?! And I can't... I can't bear with it! I can't bear the thought that I might lose you because of your condition. That's why I put that requirement to Senku in exchange for my cooperation in the first place! I don't wanna lose you, Y/N... I c-can't..." he said, his voice cracks a little as he finish his sentence. Tears slowly streams down his cheeks. I stare at him in shock, completely not expecting him to suddenly confessed that he loves me.

"Ukyo..." I said, in a soft voice. He just looks down as he lets his tears streams down his cheeks, not even bothering to wipe them away. I slowly walk towards him, gently wrapping my arms around his torso.

His arms quickly went around me in return, hugging me tightly. He buries his face into the crook of my neck. His whole body starts trembling as he holds me close to him.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know you feel that way towards me, Ukyo. I didn't expect anyone to harbor that kind of feelings. All these time, I just thought that all I am is nothing but a monster... who doesn't deserve to be loved" I said. He pulls away at what I said. He shakes his head at what I said.

"No, Y/N... you're not a monster. You're anything but a monster! Don't you ever downgrade yourself like that" he said. I just give him a small smile. He let out a sigh and leans his forehead against mine. I just close my eyes, trying to savor the feeling.

"You're not a monster, Y/N... you just grew up in a harsh situation. Anyone would be like you if they go through the same thing. I would be like you if I have to go through so much pain..." he said. I smile softly at his kind and comforting words. Listening to him saying that brought warmness to my heart.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at him. "I know you're scared... but trust me. I'm going to be okay" I said. He stares at me with hesitation. I lift my hand, gently placing it on his cheek.

"Trust me, Ukyo..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. I smile and gently place a soft kiss on his cheek. He blushes at my sudden move. I smile softly at him and jumps into a tree.

"Wait!" Ukyo yelled out. I turn to look at him. "Can you at least tell me what you feel for me? Since you already know what I feel for you" he said. I just give him a smile. "Win the battle and I'll tell you..." I said. I turn around and jumps from tree to tree, heading back to where Tsukasa and Hyoga are.

Ukyo P.O.V

Of course she'd say that. Y/N is never the type of girl who's say things forwardly. She would definitely made me wait. I let out a sigh. I shake my head and smiles softly to myself.

'Y/N... you're one mysterious girl. But that's one of the reasons why I love you' I thought to myself. I turn around, and make my way towards the cave.

They're all gathering under me. I stand on top of a tree to try and listen. I can't hear anything coming from the base. I lift my hand and tap the bracelet. I was met with silence. I can feel worry building up in my chest. Did something happen to her?

Ukyo? Have you reached the meeting point? She said. I let out a sigh of relief once I heard her voice. What took you so long to respond, Y/N? You had me so worried! I said. I can hear her laugh.

I'm sorry, Ukyo. I was too focus on watching Hyoga and Tsukasa. They're walking towards the grave... I'll let you know if something happens I said. I hum softly and nod my head.

Okay... but please be careful, okay? I said. I should be the one saying that to you, Ukyo... she said. I just roll my eyes at what she said. Yeah, yeah... whatever I said.

I jump down the tree and lands on the lower branch. "Tsukasa and Hyoga are at the grave... it's pretty far from here..." I said. Senku nods his head at what I said.

"That's fantastic to know" he said. Then he goes on to tell everyone his plan. The bluff of the canon will only scare them within the first 20 seconds. After that, they would start fighting back. Which means we have to do this quickly.

"Twenty seconds later, we're killing each other?!" A blond boy said. I haven't known their names. All I know is only Senku. The others... not really.

"That's when we kill them all!" The same buff guy that intrudes the grave that night said. "No, nobody dies. That's the condition to our alliance. Rules are rules. Break them, and the course of war becomes uncertain" a guy with glasses said. Senku starts to cackles.

"In other words, we're conquering the miracle cave with our scientific lightning attack without killing a single person" he said. He turns his head to look at me. I just stare at him for a bit and closes my eyes, with a smile.

Ukyo

Ukyo... Y/N's voice said. I focus on her. What is it, Y/N? Did something happened? I said. Tsukasa is kneeling by the cross on the grave. He seems to be digging the ground. You guys have to hurry she said.

I open my eyes and turns to look at the others. "Y/N just told me that Tsukasa and Hyoga are by the cross. Tsukasa seems to be digging the ground..." I said.

"How did you know?!" The blond boy said. I turn to look at him. "I can talk to her... through here" I said, pointing my head. I can see their eyes widened at what I said.

"Don't act too shock. We all know that Y/N isn't a normal human. But that surely comes in handy, because she can warn us if anything comes up..." Senku said. I just nod my head at what he said.

I kinda feel a little irked, because the way he said it makes it sound like he considers Y/N as a tool. But I'm sure he actually meant well. I can only hope that Y/N will be okay wherever she is right now.

Please be safe, Y/N...

*to be continued*