Chapter 26

Previously on Chapter 25

I turn to look at Ukyo, as he stares back at me. He lift his hand, gently cupping the side of my cheek. "Y/N, I love you..." he said. I place my hand on top of his. "I love you too, Ukyo..." I said. He leans in slowly. I just close my eyes, accepting his kiss. I gently wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. Ukyo and I are together now. It makes me so happy... I love him.

-New Big Project-

Y/N P.O.V

After a day have passed, my whole body is as fit as a horse. I stand up from the makeshift bed they made me. The curtain moves aside to reveal Ukyo. He just stares at me with a surprised expression.

"What are you doing standing up?" He asked. I turn to him. "I'm all better... I can walk around freely now" I said, staring at him with a grin on my face. He stares at me in disbelief.

"That's impossible..." he said. walks up to me and check me. He moves to stand in front of me with a shocked expression. "I'm sure you've seen how fast my wound heals after Senku injected me with the serum. I don't know why it's a surprise to you that I'm up on my feet now" I said, placing my hands on my hip. He let out a sigh and let out a chuckle.

"Sorry, Y/N... you're right. I just... you were hurt so badly, heck... you were on verge of death. I was just panicked and worried about you, that I forgot your wound have healed" he said. I shake my head and let out a laugh. I gently cups his cheeks.

"Did you forget I'm not a normal human?" I asked. He let out a chuckle. He rub his neck nervously, as he gives me a sheepish smile. He nods his head. "Uh, yeah, I kinda forgot about that. I have to get used to the fact that my girlfriend isn't a normal human" he said. I just smile softly at him. My smile slowly turn into a frown.

Ukyo gently cup the side of my cheek. "Why are you frowning?" He asked. I lift my hand and place it on top of his hand. "Does it bother you, Ukyo... that I'm not a normal human?" I asked. He frowns at what I said. He shakes his head.

"Of course not, Y/N. I don't care what you are. What matters to me is who you are. I don't care what you can do... I love you for who you are..." he said. I give him a soft smile and leans my forehead against his. I close my eyes, as a tear escape my eyes. He gently wipe it away.

"Even if I've killed people? I'm a monster, Ukyo..." I said, staring at him with a sad gaze. He shakes his head. He looks upset by what I said.

"No... don't think about that anymore, Y/N. You're not a monster. Back then, you don't have a choice. It wasn't what you wanted. I know if you can choose... you'd never be that person, because that person isn't you and it will never be you... no matter what, I will always love you. Your flaws... your imperfection, are what makes you special and different from every other people. You're amazing, Y/N. Why would you ever want to be normal?" he said, caressing my cheeks softly as he smiles at me. I just give him a smile.

My eyes watered at his words. They're filled with so much sincerity and love. I don't even have to read his mind to know that he meant every word he's saying.

"I love you, Ukyo... so much" I said. He smiles softly at me. He leans in and gently place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

He pulls away for air and smiles softly at me. I pull him into a hug, snuggling close to his chest. I can hear his heartbeat beating fast. He wraps his arms around me, tightening his arms.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at him. "What are you guys up to while I was out?" I asked. "There isn't much done, to be honest. But Senku are going to have an announcement. I came here to see you first" he said. I hum and nod my head at what he said.

"Shall we go and see what announcement he's going to give?" I asked. He frowns at what I said. "Are you sure you're fit for that?" He asked. I just roll my eyes at what he said. I lift my hand and flick his forehead, gently. He flinched and pout at me while rubbing his forehead.

"What was that for?" He asked. I just let out a giggle at his reaction. "For worrying too much. I told you that I'm fine, right?" I said. He let out a sigh and places his hands on my shoulder.

"I just love you a lot, Y/N. Almost losing you once it's already enough for me to know that I can't carry on living without you. I need you, to always be with me"he said. I smile softly at what he said. I lift my hands, cupping his cheeks.

"I will be fine... as long as Senku keeps helping me in making the serums. I'm going to be okay" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. "Okay... but I'd still worry about you, because you're my girlfriend and I want to make sure you're always healthy..." he said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"Okay, whatever you say, Romeo. Now, shall we go and see what Senku have to announce?" I said. He smiles and nods his head. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. I place a kiss on his cheek. Then we make our way out of the cave.

***

Senku nods his head, acknowledging my presence. I smile and nod my head at him. He walks forward with his pinky in his ear. A habit I notice him doing quite a lot.

He starts talking about the petrification. He wants to try and look for it. According to him, we still have a chance to save Tsukasa... who's in a cold sleep, by petrifying him and use the regeneration effect from the revival fluid to heal his destroyed lungs.

"So, you're suggesting we're going to go across the globe and find this source?" I asked. He turns to me and grins. "Yep!! 10 billion points!" He said. I let out a sigh.

"You do realize it's going to take so much time going on foot. And knowing you, you must have a plan brewing in your head... let me guess, you want us to cross the globe by the sea" I said. He smirks at what I said.

"As expected from the smartest girl... yeah! We're going to go by sea. Which means! We'll be building ourselves a ship!" he said. He sounded so excited. He looks like a kid.

So, looks like we're going to build a ship. Knowing Senku, it's going to be an actual cruising ship. He's always one to make something grand and extreme. That's the type of man Senku is. So I wouldn't be so surprise. But I'm pretty excited to go across the sea. This is going to be fun!

*to be continued*