Chapter 28

Previously on Chapter 27

He place his hand on my head, gently caress my hair. He's trying to ease my nerve. I let out a sigh and just relaxes in his arm, placing my head on his shoulder.

-This Belongs To You-

Y/N P.O.V

I watch as the new guy starts claiming everything he sees and like. I just cross my arms across my chest, staring at him with a displeasure expression. Wow, first day here and he's already so annoying. How can Senku chose someone like him to be the captain.

He even re-invented the currency. He called them dragos. Now he starts acting like he rules everything because of his money. I can tell some people are jealous of him, that being said... one of them is Yo.

I flinch in shock when someone suddenly appears with a bouquet of flowers in front of me. I'm too into my thought that I didn't realize anyone is coming so close to me. I turn my head slightly, and sighs softly when I realize who it is.

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful lady~" he said. I can feel my eyebrow twitching. "Uh... look. I really appreciate it. But I'm not available" I said, in a soft tone as an attempt to hide the irritation in my voice. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmm... Senku!" He suddenly yelled out. The said boy slowly makes his way towards us. "What?" He said. "Aside from a claim of the source of fuel. I also want to keep her" he said, kneeling down in front of me as he holds my hand, looking at me with a wide grin on his face.

My eyes widened in shock at what he said. Senku turns to look at me. I silently glare at him. I turn my head to look at Ryusui who's still waiting for my answer. I open my mouth to say something.

"Let me have a word with her... come with me, Y/N" he said, cutting me off as he grabs my wrist. He turn around and starts to walk away, not giving me any chance to say anything. I let out an exasperated sigh, as I slowly follows him. We walk passed Ukyo as we walk. I swiftly grab his arm with my free hand and pulls him along with me.

"What... where are you taking me?" He said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him. "You'll see" I said. He just nods his head and allows me to pull him along. I just turn my head to look at Senku as he leads me a little further away from everyone.

"So? What's all this about?" Ukyo asked. I turn my head to look him and let out a frustrated sigh. "It's Ryusui" I said. He just nods his head. "What about him?" He asked.

"At first he only wants the right to claim the fuel, in exchange for his service as the captain. But well, now he wants your girlfriend too" Senku said, pointing at me with his thumb. Ukyo's eyes widened at what he said.

"WHAT?!" He yelled out. I flinch at his sudden tone. He turns to look at me, then back at Senku. "You've got to be joking..." he said. Senku sighs and rubs his neck at what he said.

"Really wish I am..." he said. Ukyo turns to look at me. "Tell me this is a joke, Y/N..." he said. I shake my head at what he said. "No... it isn't" I said. He let out a frustrated sigh, and runs his hand through his hair.

"What did you say?" He asked, after a while of being silent. "Neither of us said a thing to his request yet, Ukyo. And honestly, I just want to reject right away. Until he pulled me along, saying he wants to speak to me. I had to take you along for this talk because you're my boyfriend" I said. "Goodness..." he said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Senku.

"Why'd you chose him again?" I asked. He just give me a small smile. "Sorry... didn't think he'd be that much of a brat..." he said. I let out a sigh and take a seat on top of a rock.

"So... what's your plan, Science Boy?" I asked. He let out a sigh and turn to look at Ukyo and I. "I'm really sorry about this. But uh... I'm gonna need you to just play along with Ryusui" he said. I just stare at him in disbelief because of what he said.

"What the fuck do you mean play along, huh?! You want me to agree to be his?? What about Ukyo? I can't just do this to him!" I said, angrily. Senku raised both of his hands in the air.

"Just think about it, Y/N. We can't revive someone else to be the captain because we're short on revival fluid. Ryusui's the only one we have now. I don't do this a lot, but..." he said. He drops on his knees and bows.

"Please... for the sake of humanity. Just bear with it, at least until we found a solution to get out of this situation. You and Ukyo didn't have to break up... just, pretend like you're into Ryusui too" he said. I scoff at what he said.

"So you want me to put up an act to be Ryusui's girl. Is that what you're trying to say?" I asked. He lifts his head and nods his head. "Yes... please? I swear I'll find a way to get you out of the act. So you can be with Ukyo again. But for now... just play along" he said.

"What if he wants me to marry him or something? What should I do?!" I asked. He stands up from his spot. "I'll make sure it won't comes to that, Y/N. Just play along and act like his girlfriend or something. This is to save humanity, Y/N" he said. I gently hit my forehead at what he said.

I turn to look at Ukyo, who's been silent these whole time. "Ukyo? Say something..." I said. He turns his head to look at me. He let out a sigh. "What choice do we have?" He asked, in a hush tone. I let out a sigh and stands up. I walk towards him and wraps my arms around his torso.

"I'm so sorry, Ukyo. But remember this, okay? This belongs to you... always will be" I whispered in a soft voice. I pull away slightly and gently cups his cheeks. I lean in and gently place my lips against his. He kiss me back as he pulls me closer by the waist, hugging me tightly.

He pulls away from the kiss and leans his forehead against mine. "Promise me that this is nothing but an act, Y/N? Promise me that you'd never fall for him. Keep your heart, only for me..." he said. I can see the sadness in his eyes.

I nod my head. "I promise, Ukyo. I'll never love any other guy aside from you. You're all that I'll ever love. My heart... will always belongs to you" I said. He cups my cheeks and gently places a soft kiss on my forehead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, letting myself savor the moment.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said. I nod my head and open my eyes. I give him a soft, reassuring smile. "I love you too, Ukyo" I said. He smiles sadly and gently place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and gently kisses him back. Please God... don't make me regret this.

*to be continued*