Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

Senku better find a way to solve this, because if this guy annoys me too much. Let's just say, Senku will have to find a way to revive another person to be the captain, because I just can't stand Ryusui. He's so annoying.

-New Map-

Y/N P.O.V

We have to start looking for the source of the oil. But we also need to continue with our ship project. That is why, we'll only be sending three people to try and search for the drilling spot.

"Can I come with them?" I asked, after Senku have selected Chrome, Kohaku and Ukyo. Senku turn to look at me and open his mouth. "No, my beautiful flower should stay right here with me" Ryusui said, popping out of no where. I turn to look at him and let out a sigh.

The only reason I was hoping to go with Ukyo and the others, because I don't wanna spend another second with this guy. He's really too much for me to handle. I'm surprise that I can even hold my anger this long.

"Sorry, Y/N... but we need you here" Senku said. I let out a huff at what he said. I turn my head to look at Ukyo. He just gives me a small smile. I can still see the pain in his eyes.

I want more than anything to just walk to him... wrap my arms around him and never let go. I want to assures him that he's the only one I'll ever love. But I can't do that, because I have to put up an act as Ryusui's 'girlfriend.' As much as I hate it... I don't have a choice.

I watch in sadness as the three of them walks away. I feel a gentle pat on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Senku. He's giving me an apologetic gaze. I turn away from him and walks away, leaving Ryusui and the rest of them.

I ended up not far from the camp. I take a seat on top of a rock and hugs my knees close to my chest. I stare at my feet as my sight starts to get blurry. I lift my hand and wipe my cheek, feeling something wet.

I stare at my hand and see droplets of water. Not just any water... but my tears. My sight gets even blurrier as I choke out a sob. I place my head on my arms as I start to cry softly.

Ukyo... I miss you. I want more than anything to just be with you right now. I want to be in your arms, not Ryusui's.

You're the one that manage to make me feel like home. I was so happy when you told me you love me... and even happier when you asked me to be your girlfriend. We've only been together for a short period of times. But that spoiled kid decided to split us up. Why is life so unfair??

***

Ukyo and the others have reached the village where they called us using the cell phone. Apparently, they are all having a hard time trying to locate the drill. I was confused at first. Until I realize something.

"Senku... it's been over 3,700 years, is it not?" I said. The scientist turns to look at me. "Yeah..." he said. I give him a serious expression. I cross my arms, still thinking hard.

"Then the earth's geography must have changed. You told me that the earth's axis have changed, which is why the North we once knew are different. I think it will be no different for the geography. Like, don't the  volcanos eruption are able to change the structure of our geography?" I said. He blinks his eyes and thinks about it.

"You're right about that. 10 billion points for you. So, in other words... even if we manage to create a map. It will pretty much be useless because we don't know what the earth will look like right now" he said. I nod my head in agreement.

"If only we can fly like the birds" Suika said. I turn my head to look at her. I think about what she just said. A grin makes its way to my face. I turn to look at Senku.

"That's actually wasn't a bad idea! Can't we make like an air balloon or something? So we can soar up into the sky and draw a new map?" I said. Senku start to grin as well. He nods his head in agreement.

I feel a hand ruffling my hair. I turn my head to see it's Ryusui. "Ahh~ my beautiful flower is so smart!" He said. I let out a huff and looks away from him. I start to feel light headed as I stumble a little. Ryusui is quick to catch me before I fall.

"Wow... flower? What happened?" He said. I can hear the panic in his voice. Senku stares at me with a knowing gaze. "You need another injection. Pick her up and follow me, Ryusui" he said. He turns around and walks away. Ryusui just do as he said without saying a word. As much as I hate to be this close to Ryusui, I don't have a choice.

Senku leads Ryusui who's carrying me to his tent. He gently lowers me down. Senku kneels down next to me, gesturing me to tilt my head. I just do as told. I wince when I feel the needle piercing through.

"Is she sick?" Ryusui said, after Senku is done with injecting me. Senku turns his head to look at him. "Right, you didn't know, huh?" He said. Ryusui just stares at him in confusion. Senku let out a chuckle and turn to look at me.

"I'll leave it to you to tell him, Y/N..." he said. I just nod my head. He stands up and walks out of his tent, leaving Ryusui and I alone. I turn my head to look at Ryusui. He's waiting for me to start explaining what Senku meant.

"To put it in a much simpler words. I'm not a normal human..." I said. He furrows his eyebrows at what I said. "Not normal? What do you mean?" He said. I move to stand up, which makes Ryusui stares at me with panic written all over his face.

"Woah woah woah! You're still sick!" He said. I roll my eyes at what he said. "It's not sickness... well, it is. But it's not like your typical sickness" I said. I just walk out of the tent with Ryusui following close.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I let out a sigh. It will be much easier to just show him. I take out a knife from my waist pouch. I place the blade on my palm. I slash the palm of my hand.

"Whoa!!! What are you doing!!" He yelled out. He grabs my hand and holds it. He stares at the palm of my hand and let out a gasp. The wound on my hand instantly starts to heal.

I take out a small animal skin fabric and wipe the blood. I wave my hand. "See?" I said. He just gape at me, with his jaw open. I roll my eyes and make him close his mouth.

"I can do more than that... everyone else knew about it. But you, obviously" I said. I turn around and just walks away from him. I can hear rapid footsteps as he moves to stand in front of me.

He stares at me with his eyes sparkling in wonder. I just give him an unamused expression. "What?" I asked. He place both of his hands on my shoulders. "You're amazing!" He said, grinning widely. He pulls me into a hug after that. I froze at his sudden move and just stand there stiffly.

He pulls away from me and smiles. "I'm happy that I have chosen the perfect girl! I'm happy that you're mine!" He said. I just give him a straight face. No... I will never be yours. I belong to Ukyo and only him.

*to be continued*