Chapter 37

Previously on Chapter 36

"Everything will be okay..." he whispered softly. I just smile softly at him. He always knows how to calm me. He closes his eyes. He leans down, as he gently places his soft kiss against my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back softly. I feel my heart starts to beat faster as we both shared a kiss. Ukyo's the only one who can make me feel this way. I love him so much. I'm so glad that I can be in his arms once again.

-New World Map-

Y/N P.O.V

I pull away from Ukyo when someone clears their throat. I turn my head to the entrance of my tent to see Senku. He looks displeased by the interaction between Ukyo and I. Obviously he's going to react that way, since he's the type of person who didn't believe in love. All he believe that love can give are troubles and stresses.

"Are you both done? We need to make the map now. I'm gonna need Y/N's help on this one. Since she's the one who scouted most of the area" he said, staring at us with his arms crossed. He looks impatient. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Ukyo, who only smiles sadly. It's obvious that he still wants to spend some alone time with me.

"Oh, come on, Ukyo. The new world map won't create itself. We can continue this later, okay?" I said. He turn to look at me and nod his head. I smile and gently cups his cheek. "I love you..." I said.

"I love you too" he said. He leans down, placing a quick peck on my lips. I hear Senku letting out an impatient sound. I let out a giggle. I place my hands on Ukyo's chest, gently pushing him away. He pout at me as he slowly remove his hands from my waist. I gently grabs his hand. The two of us starts to follow Senku towards the room where we'd be creating the new map.

***

I kneel down next to Senku. I point at the spot and tell him how it should be drawn. He remains focus as he draws every shape of the map. The only light comes from the bonfire next to us. It also brought warmth to us in this coldness of the night.

We don't know how long it's been since we started. All I know is that we've finally done. I let out a relieved sigh as I move to sit. Ukyo claiming a spot next to me. I lean my head on his shoulder. I feel his hand going through my hair, making me smile softly at his gentle gesture.

"I highly applaud the creator of the World Map. Who knew making one would take so long" I said, which earns a chuckle from the science boy. I just roll my eyes at his reaction. "Well, I guess you're used to a slow and steady steps" I said.

"You bet I am" he said, almost proud of himself. I just let out a chuckle at what he said. I stand up from the spot. I lift my arms, stretching them above my head. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked, realizing I'm about to leave.

"I'm tired... I want to go to a sea for a swim. Why? You wanna come?" I asked, smirking slightly. He just rolls his eyes at me. I let out a chuckle. I turn to look at Ukyo who's pouting. "Oh, come on, Ukyo. You know I'm only messing around. You're the only one I love! You're my baby" I said, winking. His cheeks turns beet red at my comment and action.

"That's so cringey..." Senku said, scrunching his face in disgust. I let out a huff at what he said. I will the water pot to float and dunk the water on his head, making sure to move the map away before the water hits it. He let out a yelp from the sudden coldness of the water as he gets all soaked. The others let out a laugh at his reaction. "Was that necessary?" He asked, brushing his hair to make it all spiky again.

"Yep... needa get you to cool down before you blow up from all those pride" I said. He huffed at my response. I let out a chuckle and stuck my tongue out at him. "Serve you right, science boy" I said, making him roll his eyes. I turn around and walks out of the hut, still laughing.

I arrive at the edge. If I jump from here, I would fall into the sea. A smile forms on my lips. "Perfect" I said. I rush towards the edge and jumps off. I do a few twist before reaching the sea.

I resurface while taking a deep breath. "Yeah... this is nice" I said to myself. I dive under the sea and smiles at the marine lives surrounding me. One of my abilities is to adapt with my surroundings. That includes being able to breathe underwater. Which is why I'm relaxed and won't have to worry about running out of breath.

After a while, I swim back into the surface. I notice Ukyo standing near the edge of the cliff. I let out a giggle as he looks worried. I fly towards him as he places his hands on his hips.

"Do you really have to dive that long?" He asked. I just tilt my head, giving him an innocent look. He let out a sigh at my expression. "Like... yeah, I know that you're able to breathe underwater. But, I still feel worried" he said. He backs away as I land in front of him.

"I'm really sorry, Ukyo. It wasn't my intention to worry you..." I said. I walk towards him, wrapping my arms around him. His arms instantly wraps around my waist. I hear a soft sigh as he holds me close. "Sorry..." I said, again.

"It's fine. Just... don't do it again" he said. I hum softly as I bury my face into the crook of his neck. "I love you, Y/N. You're my everything" he said.

"I love you too, Ukyo... and so are you, as you are one of the people who showed me kindness" I said. He pulls away and smiles softly at me. He lift his hands, cupping my cheeks. "Thank you for loving a freak like me" I said.

"You may be a freak. But you're my freak" he said, while leaning his forehead against mine. I just smile at what he said. He leans down, closing the gap between our lips as he kisses me softly. I close my eyes and kiss him back. I feel so happy to have someone like him in my life. He's truly everything to me.

*to be continued*