Chapter 31

Previously on Chapter 30

He pulls away from me and smiles. "I'm happy that I have chosen the perfect girl! I'm happy that you're mine!" He said. I just give him a straight face. No... I will never be yours. I belong to Ukyo and only him.

-Senku's Department Store-

Y/N P.O.V

Everyone is now working together to make the air balloon. "What are you planning to use to make the air balloon, Science Boy?" I asked, as I watch him create the blueprint. He turns to look at me.

"Even though the roadmap is quite short. It needs a lot of work..." I said. He turns to look at me and nod his head.

"The one massive ordeal to overcome is..." he said. I can hear a nervous sound. I turn my head and see Yuzuriha with a nervous expression. "Right... you need a ton crap of cloth, don't you?" She said, with a shaky hand.

Senku turns to her with a wide grin. I shiver at the sight, because it reminds me of the grin those evil scientists gave me when they're about to perform an experiment on me.

"Can you not make that face, Science boy?" I said, looking at him with a straight face. He turns to me and chuckles at my comment. He turns to look at Yuzuriha again, and grin despite what I just said a few seconds ago.

"Oh, look! I totally didn't realize! We've got a crafts club here!!" He said. He looks like a snake right now. I just let out a sigh and shakes my head. Yuzuriha let out a nervous laugh and fist his chest.

Senku and Grandpa Kaseki kneels down in front of her. I blink my eyes in surprise. This is something I never see a scientist do, at least not the ones I once knew.

"The science team will commit itself to designing the passenger basket..." Senku said. Grandpa Kaseki lift his head. "We'll make any tools you need" he said. I just smile at the sight.

***

Yuzuriha ended up asking for a loom. Judging from her expression, and from her mind. I can tell that she's expecting a small and traditional loom. I just shake my head.

"Yuzuriha... knowing Senku. I don't think it's going to be simple" I said. She turns to look at me. "What do you mean?" She asked. I shrugs my shoulders at what she asked.

"You'll see" I said, smiling softly at her. She just nod her head at what I said. "Okay, it's done" Senku said. She turns around with a happy look.

"H-Heh

"H-Heh..." she gasped out as she falls on the ground. She stare at the look machine in front of her. Senku rubs his head in confusion at the girl's reaction.

"Do you want an electric one?" Senku said. Yuzuriha is quick to shake her head, saying it's more than enough. I let out a giggle as I cover my mouth.

"I told you so... Senku is anything but simple" I said. Yuzuriha just pouted at me. She punches me on my shoulder, which barely even hurt... seeing as I have dealt with a much worse injuries before. So I just let out a laugh.

With the thread everyone have made, Yuzuriha start to make the cloth. I stand next to her. All I've been taught before the petrification is how to fight and kill. So it's quite intriguing to watch Yuzuriha do her craft thing.

"Wow..." I said, in awe. Yuzuriha turns to look at me and giggles softly. "You acted like you've never seen this" she said. I turn to her and smiles sheepishly. I shake my head.

"Nope... never" I said. Her eyes widened at what I said. "Really?" She said, turning her attention back to the machine. "Yeah. All I've been taught before the petrification was how to fight and kill..." I said. Yuzuriha stops what she's doing and turns to look at me.

She stands up and gently places both of her hands on my shoulders. "You don't have to think about that, Y/N. It doesn't matter who you were. What matter is who you are now... you're a member of the Kingdom of Science" she said. I just give her a small smile.

"I still can't believe... me... who used to have a strong distaste for anything related to science. Now look at me. I'm helping the science man himself to rebuild civilization" I said. I let out a laugh at how ironic that sounds. But even so, I don't care.

I'm happy that I'm able to help Senku. He've taught and helped me see that not every scientists are evil and greedy. There are scientists that use science to help humanity... including himself.

Time-skip

Of course not all the weaving works perfectly. Which ended up being a bunch of scrap cloth. Yuzuriha is clearly disappointed with that, because she's a very diligent crafter.

"It's okay Yuzuriha. We just need to try and make more. But of course... we're going to need more help. Shall I scare them?" I said, cracking my knuckles. Yuzuriha quickly shakes her head at what I said.

Gen decide to use his mentalist skill and lure them to work. He promised to pay them with 10,000 dragos. Senku walks towards the pile of money and lift one, only to reveal the rest of the stack are blank. I shake my head as Gen just whistle innocently.

"If only we can make a store or something to make these people spend their money" I said. Gen turns his head to look at me. "That's it!!" He said, making me jump.

"Ouch! My ear hurts!" I yelled out, covering the ear. He let out a nervous chuckle at my reaction. "Sorry about that, Y/N-Chan... anyway. We can use that idea of yours and open a Senku Department Store" he said.

"What? Fashion store?" I asked. He grins and nods his head. Yuzuriha who's drained and exhausted suddenly becomes spirited. "I'll do it! I wanna do it!!" She said, making my flinch and cover my ears because of how loud she's being. She never reacted that way before.

"Damn... I wonder how Ukyo feel with his enhance hearing" I said. I can feel a pang in my chest as my mind went to him. I turn my head to look at the sky.

It's been... about a week since Ukyo had left. A week, since we fake our breakup. But even though it was only an act, we can't bring ourselves to talk to each other because the two of us knows how painful it'll be. Ukyo... I miss you so much.

*to be continued*