Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

Thank you, Y/N... he said. I smile softly at him and turn to look at Tsukasa. He's talking about the plan. As soon as the snow melts, it'll be the day we launch an attack. So the deadline will be spring.

-Winter Is Here-

Y/N P.O.V

Hyoga gave a command to Homura to watch the village's movement. The rest of us starts to prepare for the winter. It's going to be harsh trying to stay warm in a harsh weather like winter. Let's just hope that none of us will die from the cold.

Ukyo and I still need to patrol, even in cold weather. We have to make sure that nothing and no one will be able to enter our territory. Knowing the villagers, they'd definitely would try to make their way in our territory.

"There's nothing really happen around here" I said, as we walk through the forest. Ukyo turns to look at me and nods his head in agreement. "Yeah" he said. I wrap my arms around myself, trying to keep warm.

"Are you cold?" Ukyo asked. I turn to look at him and nod my head. "Yeah... even though I'm not a normal human. I still feel cold too. I'll be fine. So don't worry about me. I can handle a little cold" I said, smiling softly at him. He stares at me. I see doubt in his eyes. But he didn't pressed me any further.

I look forward as we keep walking. My vision start to get blurry for a few seconds before they turn focus again. I can feel it. My body is getting weaker. Back then, I always get sick every once in a while due to all the experiments they performed on me.

I'm not going to show Ukyo that I'm slowly getting sick. It's useless anyway, we are in the stone world. There's no medicine that can help me here. Plus, we have a war to focus on.

***

We head back to Tsukasa's empire. Ukyo reports to Tsukasa about today's patrol. I'm standing next to him, in front of Tsukasa.

"So far, there isn't anything out of the order..." I said. Tsukasa nods his head at what I said. He move his body forward, placing his elbow on his thigh. He's thinking.

"Y/N..." he said. "Yes?" I said. He looks up and stares at me. "I want you to go and watch them. Make sure there are no scientific improvement. If they're trying to invent something that could put us at a serious stake... destroy it. If there's anyone who tries to stop you... kill them" he said.

My whole body tensed up at the mention 'kill.' It's been a while since I've taken a life. But if I refuse, he would start attacking me. If that happened, then I'll have no choice but to reveal my secret. So I just nod my head.

"When do I leave?" I asked. "After this snow blizzard is over..." he said. I turn to look outside as the snow falls rapidly. I turn to look at Tsukasa again and nod my head.

It's now night time. Everyone else is sleeping. I just lay inside my animal skin sleeping back. No matter how hard I try to fall asleep, I can't. I just can't rest my mind. It keeps going back to what will happen.

I will going to be watching the village. If they are making something that put us at a disadvantage... I'll have to destroy it. But those people will surely try to put up a fight, and that'll leave me no choice but to hurt them. Which... I'd rather not.

Ever since the day I saved that kid from getting hit by the burning wood. I start to feel more emotions than I thought I'm capable of. Now, I really don't want to hurt them. But even so, I still hate science.

I let out a sigh and turn my head to look outside. The storm has ended, which means I'll be leaving soon. I let out a sigh and sit up. I slowly stand up and make my way near the cave's entrance. I take a seat on top of a rock and stare outside. Even though it's dark out there, I can still see clearly.

"Can't sleep?" Someone said, making me jump at the sudden voice. I turn my head to see Ukyo. He walks over to me and gently drape a blanket around me. I just realize how cold it was. I just wrap the blanket around me properly.

He take a seat next to me. "What's on your mind? You can read my mind if you wanted to. So it's only fair if you let me know yours..." he said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him.

"Since the first day we met... you know how I rarely ever show any emotions, right?" I said. He nods his head at what I said. "Yeah... you're like a walking vessel with no soul" he said. I let out a scoff at what he said and gently punch his shoulder, making him let out a chuckle.

"When I was told to watch the village... Homura lit the village on fire. I saw a kid about to be hit by a burning wood. Then my body just reacted on its own. I use my telekinetic power and pulls him out of the way..." I said. He nods his head at what I said. He stays silent as he waits for me to continue.

"After that happened. I don't know... it just, triggers something. I start to feel more human emotions that I thought was impossible for me to feel. Now, I don't wanna hurt them" I said. I bit my lips at the thought that I'm gonna have to hurt them at some point. I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"I still hate science. So I can't let them have their way with their science improvements. So I'm gonna have to destroy everything they're trying to make. And they will surely try to put up a fight when I do... that's when I'm left with no choice but to hurt them. But deep in my heart... I just can't. This... this is all so confusing for me" I said, looking away from him. I bit my lips, trying not to start crying.

"Hey... just follow what your heart's telling you, Y/N. You know you're stronger than Tsukasa or Hyoga. So there's nothing to hold you back. What you've been through in your past, they can't do it to you anymore. You're free to make your choice here..." Ukyo said. I turn to look at him for a few seconds.

I smile softly, realizing what he said is true. The things that all those horrible people did... they can't do it anymore because they don't have anything. Ukyo is right... I'm free.

But I still won't let those people have their way with their science. I'm not going to let it advance. They'll have a chance to re-build what those people have. They might try to strain me again. I refuse to let that happen.

No more...

*to be continued*