Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

My eyes widen at what he said. I shake my head, not wanting to accept the truth. No... please God, please give us more time. I'm begging you. Don't take Y/N away from me.

-Come Back To Me-

Ukyo P.O.V

Everyone's been working like crazy, trying to fasten the pace of making the serum for Y/N. I can only hope that Y/N can hold on long enough, until we manage to make the serum for her. She have to live. She can't just leave me like this. I haven't even got a chance to make her happy.

Senku is pouring a liquid into the mixture. I stand next to him. "What is that?" I asked. He turns his head to look at me. "It's Dipromycine Lysoloside. Y/N told me that it's good to stimulate the capacity of the brain. It works to maximize the work of the Limbic System. Which means it can also be the cure for someone with dementia" he said. I just give him a straight face.

"I know what dementia is, but I don't know the rest of the things you've mentioned. I shouldn't have asked... because that's confusing" I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said.

"Okay... that's bad for you. However, the good news is. We're on the last step. The serum for Y/N almost ready. I just need to make the syringe, and we can inject Y/N with it. I've followed every instruction that Y/N have given to me. So it should be able to save her" he said, smiling at me. My eyes lit up at what he said.

***

Night time have come. Senku and I are making our way towards the cave where Y/N's in. We've finally completed the serum. I hold onto that little hope in my heart, that Y/N will be okay. She will be saved. I won't have to lose her.

We enter the cave. Senku kneels down next to Y/N's body. He place the box and opens it. I stare at the serums and turns to look at Senku.

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked. He turns to look at me. "To be honest, I'm not sure. We can only hope for the best" he said. I just nod my head. We have to try everything possible to cure Y/N. I'd rather try every possible ways to save her... than watch her die.

He take one and place the fluid inside the syringe

He take one and place the fluid inside the syringe. He turns to Y/N and gently inject it on Y/N's neck. I furrow my eyebrows at what he did.

"Whoa... wait, why the neck?" I said. He turns to me and shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not sure about that... the instruction Y/N wrote for me said so. I'm just following it" he said. I just hum and nod my head. I kneel down next to him. I lift my hand and gently place it on Y/N's head.

"Y/N... please, come back to me. Don't give up. You can't leave me..." I said, in a hush tone. I bit my lips as nothing seems to happen. I turn to look at Senku. He let out a sigh and places a hand on my shoulder.

"It probably takes time... so be patient. At least we made it in time. All we can do now is wait for the serum to work" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

I turn my head to look at Y/N, just in time to see her eyes suddenly snaps open. Something flickers in her eyes for a few seconds before they turn back to their normal e/c color.

She slowly closes her eyes

She slowly closes her eyes. My eyes widened as all the scratches covering her body heals in an instant. I turn to look at Senku, who's just as shocked as I am.

He kneels down next to Y/N's leg and slowly remove the bandage from her lower abdomen. "Wow" I said, breathlessly. The stab wound inflicted by Hyoga on her stomach starts to heal at a fast rate.

Her breathing becomes more even, as if she's just asleep. I hear a soft sigh next to me and turn to look at Senku. He turns to me and grins.

"Looks like we did it... she's going to be okay. Now we just have to wait for her to wake up..." he said. I let out a sigh of relief and nod my head, agreeing what he said. Relieve starts to spread across by body, knowing that Y/N's going to be okay.

Time-skip

Senku left the cave because he have things to do. So it's just me and Y/N. I lean my back against the wall behind me, crossing my arms as I stare at Y/N. She looks a lot better from when she was weak. All the colors in her body starts coming back. It makes it look like she's not even sick to begin with.

I turn my head as I hear a sound of footsteps. The curtain moves aside to reveal Kohaku. She smiles at me as she enters the cave. "I heard from Senku that Y/N's going to be okay..." she said. I just smile at her and nod my head.

"Yeah... she's gonna be fine..." I said. He places a roll up sleeping back in front of me. "You should try to get some sleep. You look terrible. Don't let Y/N see you like that. It's unattractive. You wouldn't want to be seen by the girl you love like that, do you?" she said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. She smiles and pat my shoulder. She stands up and walks out of the cave.

I scoot closer to Y/N and leans down to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'm so glad, Y/N... you're going to be alright. Now you just have to wake up. Please wake up soon. I miss hearing your voice and seeing your smile" I said, as I gently run my hand through her soft h/c hair. I'm surprise how soft it felt, seeing as we're in the stone world and there are no salon or conditioner. But her hair still feels soft. I just smile softly and slowly moves towards the roll up sleeping bag.

I unroll the sleeping bag and lay down, facing Y/N. I watch as her chest rises and fall at a steady rhythm. I smile to myself, feeling relieved that Y/N's gonna be alright. Hurry up and wake up, Y/N...

*to be continued*