[SEQUEL] Undying Love: Rowan's Fantasy Pt. 2

*The book idea about the young fawn that is mentioned in this book was an actual book idea that I had. Although, I'm not putting it in the archives because I may actually want to pick up the story in the future*

•Chapter 2•

The school let out and Rowan, Grace, CJ were walking home together; though Rowan said she would hang out at CJ's for a little while. Grace took the shortcut to their house and Rowan and CJ walked in silence to his house. It was still bright outside so Rowan thought that Goldie and SpringTrap wouldn't mind. CJ then broke the silence, "Lyric is a very loud and active child. So be prepared." Rowan giggled at how CJ was easily agitated by his little sister. "CJ, Lyric seems like a wonderful sister. I should know about siblings." CJ and Rowan had finally made it to CJ's house by the time it was 3 pm. His house was on a hill so it felt like climbing to Rowan, but they both made it to the front door of his house and CJ opened the door. Rowan and CJ woke up and immediately the little pink bunny Lyric ran to him excitedly, "Sanders!! Your back!!! And you brought a girl?" CJ's flushed in embarrassment but Rowan just laughed and bent over to be eye level with Lyric. "Well hi there! I'm Rowan, I'm one of your cousins," Lyric looked at her up and down. A brown chubby bear with a black bow tie and top hat walked in the living room with a tall purple pink bunny that had a red bow tie on. Lyric's small ears perked up and she asked, " Why do you have a rabbit ear and a bear ear? And what's that black line separating?" Rowan was taken aback and the purple bunny gasped. "Lyric, sweetie, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" The purple bunny brought Lyric in the kitchen then the bear came up to Rowan, "I'm so sorry, Rowan. We haven't had that discussion with Lyric about your condition." Rowan gave a weak smile, "Oh that's quite alright, Uncle Freddy. I'm sure y'all wanted to tell her when she was older so she could understand it, it's quite alright." Uncle Freddy welcomed Rowan and then Uncle Bonnie came and gave his apology about his daughter's outburst.

After a while Rowan watched CJ draw, CJ was talented to draw and more impressive for someone who only had one arm. CJ was drawing a doe standing hunch over its own pool of blood and it was covered in blood, it was standing on an empty road. Rowan was used to CJ's gorey drawings, though he feels uncomfortable showing it to other people. Uncle Freddy finally came in on the two, "Rowan, it's getting late. I'm sure your parents want you at home tonight." Rowan realized it was 6 and it usually took over half an hour to get to her house. "Oh! Yes, thanks for having me over for a while!" Rowan said her goodbyes to everyone and told CJ that she would see him tomorrow, she grabbed her binder and went out the door. It was a dark orange outside so Rowan had to be quick, but she liked walking alone. She could think over things and wonder about life, daydreaming was her favorite thing to do in peace. She walked off CJ's drive way and walked quietly on the sidewalk to home. She held her binder to her chest as if she was hugging it loosely, then the sidewalk curb showed up and she stepped off into the deserted road. Rowan suddenly started to think about that drawing CJ was doing and she then thought about writing a story about that. Though Rowan started humming for no reason, Rowan knows she has a decent voice but she could never sing as good as her sister; she doesn't have that much lung force. Rowan heard a scrabble of a pebble and turned with her rabbit ear perked and angled. Someone was here. She was now on the sidewalk and by a dead lamp post, she stopped and scanned her surroundings. She finally got the courage to speak out, "H-Hello?" She said quietly to the darkness. She let out a sigh, telling herself it was nothing, and relaxed herself. She turned her head to continue on home when a figure was merely an inch in front of her.

She gave out a tiny squeak and crouched, dropping her binder in front of her, cowering in sudden shock. Then she heard that ragged, husky voice, "I'm sorry..." Rowan slowly moved her hands and looked to see herself eye level with DayDream. She was locked in his velvet eyes, he had picked up her binder. Then he shook his head slightly and handed the binder, "Uh.. here." Rowan grabbed it as they both stood up. "Th-thanks..." Rowan's ears kind of flatten a bit and she held tightly to her binder. They stood there for a few heartbeats until Rowan finally broke the silence, "Why did you push me out of the way? Why did you fight Hugo, for me?" Rowan looked up at DayDream, DayDream was about a couple of inches taller than her. He was silent, only staring back into Rowan's eyes, but he finally gave a sigh and spoke, "Because it's not right to harm.. um girls." Rowan knew that wasn't the truth, she could feel it, so she leaned in and gave him eyes like 'Anything else?' DayDream growled, "Because I couldn't watch him slice your skin open! You... you seem to know what that feels like and I thought you couldn't do anything about it... so I wanted your help.." DayDream was looking down, Rowan decided to joke about it. "So are they removed or punished?" DayDream looked up with an amused look on his crooked grin, "Nah! Head Marionette let it pass since I did it in self defense but that's the only warning I get." Rowan then was confused, "But you threw the first punch?" The Day Dream leaned down a little and whispered, "Just keep that between you and me?" DayDream gave a shy smile and Rowan gave a small laugh at his joke about his lie.