Candy x Reader: Copycat

This was my first character x reader story I've done that I managed to publicly post!  This story followed a 19-year-old reader that worked at Candy's Burgers and Fries that develops a relationship with Candy the Cat. The story has with 3 official chapters with over 2k reads so far! It was published in late 2017 and later became discontinued in 2019.

You can find this book in my reading list titled "My Old Stories".

A fourth chapter was in the making, but became unfinished as I was not on Wattpad during the time of writing the chapter. So, for those that actually enjoyed reading that story...Here is the unfinished, small bit of the fourth chapter!

------------------------------------------------

CANDY X READER CHAPTER 4

Suddenly Candy's amber-golden eyes lit up more where you could confirm that it was him and to see at least an inch or two in the darkness. Your world was still spinning, your mind had just made its decision to not throw up. Candy put his furry, mechanical hand on your shoulder, "Are you okay, (Y/n)," his luminous eyes blazing with worry. You honestly felt like crap right now but you didn't want to be harsh to him in a time of crisis. "I'm alive, so that's a plus," you grumbled out with a shaky breather. You nodded slowly to him, "Thank you, Candy...but where did you come from and why did you save me?" Your trying looking at him but you just couldn't keep eye contact and his eyes were brighter than usual. His ears were back in concern and he looked longingly at you. "Ms. (Y/n), I couldn't let them hurt a sweet, little doll like you. Then who would I flirt with then?~" He tried giving off a sly smile and chuckled softly but he looked really concerned. Not just about you but also about the situation he just got himself into.

"Where are we anyway?" You tried standing up and rubbed the back of your head. Candy stood up, not in full height, and pulled an invisible string that you couldn't see. A single light bulb came on and it revealed a very enclosed room that had cleaning supplies in it-it looked to be a janitor's closet. Candy gave a forced huff of laughter, "It's not exactly an underground safe zone but it's an easy place to not be found in," you looked at him unsure. You knew it had to be close to 6 am and you just couldn't wait. Candy was looking down at you, and you couldn't help but ask him, "Are they like you? With deep emotions and feelings?" You asked softly and slowly. His ears perked up and he looked slightly away as if unsure. You slowly let out the last question, "Will they get angry at you for saving me and hiding me away?..." It was dead silent before Candy replied to your questions which, for some reason, always made him slightly smirk. "Some do, have emotions toward actions they do. Cindy doesn't really have remorse but she has emotions with me," he paused to let out a sigh, "Some just have no feeling towards anything, stone-cold to children, adults, even robots like me."

Candy's ears went back a little, not wanting to answer the last question. You got slightly concerned, you didn't want something terrible to happen to him. You slowly put your hand on his right shoulder and Candy looked back at you with his blazing amber eyes. Slowly did he speak, almost deadly, "They could give me the same fate I just did, turn their back on me and... and stab me in the back," Candy sounded like he wasn't joking. He looked so unsettled, if he was human he'd be sweating up a storm just by his nervousness. Suddenly before you could say anything the chime for 6 am went off and loud clangs of footsteps could be heard. You and Candy just looked at each other for a second, not really processing that they were safe for now.

----------------------------------------------

To be honest, I can't remember where this story would have gone if I kept writing it. Although, it's a lot more popular than I thought it would have been, so thanks!

Hopefully, I will work more on character x reader stories in the future!