Blank x Old Candy: The Scenario Pt. 4

~Chapter 4~

Blank had raised himself up as he stared at Momo who was standing a few feet away from him. Blank couldn't tear away from Momo's eyes. Momo walked over then bent down, now he was about a few inches away from Blank's face. "Blank. Are you okay?" Momo said longer this time but that made Blank realize and nodded his head to Momo.

"Y-yes, I'm fine. What are you doing here?" Blank stammered in a whisper, afraid to be any closer to Momo's face. Momo inhaled as if to take in the scent of Blank's breath. Blank then felt Momo exhale and the air seemed to raffle around Blank. Momo then spoke in his deep voice but it was a rough whisper that gave Blank the goosebumps.

"Remember our deal? We meet and talk just after day shift, before night shift... sometimes." Momo muttered the last part and Blank looked at him surprised. "What do you mean sometimes?" Blank asked and Momo backed away with a flustered face, he then sat in front of Blank as Blank had his legs splayed out to the side.

"Just nothing, it's nothing. The bigger question is why were you so exhausted?" Momo stared back at Blank giving no emotion. Blank didn't want to tell Momo because it would just overwhelm Blank even more. "Nothing, just thinking about stuff and got overheated." Blank said half the truth because he didn't want to lie. Momo seemed to be leaning in with interest.

"What were you thinking about?" Momo asked with curiosity deep in his voice. Blank felt a bit edgy but he called it off, "Stuff, I really don't wanna talk about it right now." Momo looked at Blank unconvinced and a bit worried. Blank felt confused himself, "Why would Momo worry about me, like seriously?" Momo's tail flicked as he scooted over to be leaning against Blank's legs.

Blank felt flustered at Momo's closeness. "Blank, it isn't the bad stuff is it? I don't want you thinking that." Momo said with concern, still thick in his voice. Blank shook his head, "Oh no! Certainly not, it's just the past that's all." Blank accidentally said what had happened, basically. "Why am I confessing strange things that are happening to me right now? Mercy, I'd look crazy in his eyes."

Blank and Momo stared at each other for a few moments, to Blank it felt like hours. They were merely inches away from each other's faces. Momo finally blinked away the haze of staring at each other, "Good, good. It's good that you shared that with me." Blank felt a bit angrily flustered, "I didn't mean to share that with you! Plus it's none of your business." Blank said sternly and Momo leaned his head back bewildered by the remark Blank gave. Momo lowered his ears a bit but his expression was stiff and more controllable.

Momo cleared his throat, "Well I'm sorry for being there for you and worrying about you." Momo said carelessly with a flick of his tattered tail. Blank felt flustered, " I don't even know why you want to suddenly be involved in my life after I ruined yours." Blank wanted to outburst but he just felt too tempered to say it, at least half of it. "Why are you even so concerned about me after I ruined our lives anyway," Blank said aggressively, wanting Momo to confess and go on with his own life.

Suddenly Blank felt something on his right hand as Momo put his hand on top of Blank's and stared down at Blank. Blank looked up bashfully as their eyes met and they were at least one or two inches away from each other's face now. Blank blinked hazed-like and felt heat rise on his face. Momo's and Blank's breath were the only sound in the Drawing Room, to Blank it sounded so loud that he could hear his heartbeat.

Momo then whispered hoarsely, "Because I can't stop thinking about you. I've had a lot of bad things happen to me. Cindy being one of them...I've realized that I get along with you more than anyone." Momo said and they were now both blushing, suddenly Momo widened his eyes. "I-I mean, as a friend. I get along with you like a friend, yeah," Momo stammered as he used his free hand to scratch behind his head with anxiety.