25: Risky Thoughts Of The Ones Who Are Gone

A/N: *like the spongebob meme of that fish guy going "chocolate..." "Chocolate...! "CHOCOLATEE!!!!"* deuce.... Deuce...! D E U C E ! ! ! !

I needed some Deuce fluff because I've been feeling like caca but we can't have comfort without some angst! If you feel this is OOC then boohoo cuz a bitch needed a cuddle

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

Trying to explain to Grim, Ace, and Deuce why you can't tag along with their shenanigans was like talking to a brick wall except the brick walls also spoke a completely different language than you which was already an inconvenience since brick walls couldn't talk to begin with.

"You don't really need me to confront Clover, do you?" You ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Wha-Well... You have a better way with words than we do," Deuce tries to reason.

"And don't you want to confront him about what happened to you at the unbirthday party?" Ace goes next.

"Don't leave me with 'em," Grim pleads with desperation.

You almost give in. Almost.

But... this is your first attempt at setting boundaries.

"I told you guys that I have training today after school. Deuce, you should know better, you were literally there." You cross your arms, "I-I'm sorry I can't be there right now... But, I'm not in a position where I can just ditch the first day. I need this job."

Ace grumbles, looking away, "Yeah, yeah. Fine. I get it."

Deuce feels a little guilty for trying to pressure you, so he's unable to meet your eyes when he asks a question. "What time does your training end?"

"I don't know. I highly doubt I'll be gone that long, but just in case..." You reach into your bag and look inside the side pockets before pulling out a key, "you guys should take this so you can get inside Ramshackle."

Ace takes the key with a roll of his eyes, "You owe me for this."

You smack your lips, offended by the audacity of some bitches: "Bitch, for what?!"

"D-Do you want us to walk you to the shop?" Deuce offers.

You smile at him, "That's really sweet, Deuce. But you guys should go find Clover before he goes back to Hearts-whatever. Diamond was nice enough to tell us that he would be in the library studying, so you should go before it's too late."

Grim and Ace glances at the other boy, his dejected expression should've been obvious enough to you what he really wanted. But... could you really be that oblivious? No, there's no way. With the amount of dirty jokes you make, how much you tease Deuce, and just the overall vibe that is you.

There's no way you're that oblivious.

Ace and Grim look at each other.

Um... What's going on???

"Actually, Deuce," Your smile grows sympathetic, "Can you take me? I kind of... forgot where it was..."

Oh, thank the Seven! Ace and Grim thought you were actually just that stupid!!

Immediately, the dark haired student lights up with a smile, his cheeks dust in a soft pink. He rolls back his shoulders and does that pose where he has one fist in front of him.

"Right! Let's go!" He's already walking with you as he turns to look back at the other two, "I'll meet you guys at the library."

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't take too long," Ace sighs.