109: Reckless Fire

A/N: I must apologize in advance if Silver appears to be OOC because I... *dramatic sigh* I still don't actually know a lot about Silver and his character/how to write him 😭 I'm going to try my best but I still wanna say sorry because I don't think I'll be able to do your pookie bear justice 😭

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

Diasomnia is... well, for a lack of better words, gloomy as fucking fuck. Especially at night. Though, you don't know if it's like this during the day or if it's just a nighttime thing. Either way, you were getting the heebie-jeebies standing around alone.

You were outside near the building since Malleus had asked you to wait for a moment. You agreed, figuring that he probably wanted to check if anyone was awake, and if they were then to make sure they didn't reveal his identity by accident. You didn't say anything to oppose it; you can't let him know that you know.

Unless... He knows that you know... But he wouldn't know that you knew that he knew that you know.

... You know?

You have no idea what Malleus has planned, and if you're honest you're a little nervous about it too. You hope that your friends don't wake up and find you missing though, since you left without telling at least the other ghosts that you were skedaddling.

A deep voice clears his throat: "[Y/n]."

You look at Malleus with a smile, "Is everything okay?"

The dragon boy nods, "Yes, I was only checking to see if anyone was still awake. In fact, one of my dorm mates, Sebek, is conveniently awake at the moment. He agreed to help us with your current problem."

You beam, "Oh, I know him! We're actually best friends!"

You already know that Sebek wouldn't appreciate you saying that, but how funny would that be? That man probably hates you but you think he's really funny so unfortunately he can't get rid of you even if he wanted to. That's how you made friends with Cole back in the day.

Malleus blinks, unsure how to feel about that. "You... are already acquainted with him?"

"Ehh."

"....??"

You click your tongue, "Anyway, what are we gonna do?"

"Ah, right," He gestures for you to follow him, "Sebek will be waiting for us in the training room. Though he is not as practiced as Silver, he understands his way around a sword as well."

"Ohhh, you wanna try tiring me out by fighting?" You chuckle, catching up to walk beside him, "I'm not the greatest swordsman, just letting you know ahead of time. Also, you guys have a training ground?"

Malleus opens the front doors for you, gesturing for you to enter first. With a thank you, you step inside and take a moment to look around the lounge. It's giving evil lair vibes with all the black and gray and green. You kind of dig it though, you can probably get used to it if you just add, like, a pretty flower pot somewhere to liven it up a little. You should check Sam's shop the next time you get a chance and actually remember.

"Diasomnia didn't always have one, but not too long ago it was implemented at the request of multiple students." Malleus explains, quietly closing the door behind himself.

"Ah, gotcha." You hum, "So Crewel had the expense to get you guys an arena, but not the expense to fix the water heater for my showers."

"...I'm sorry."