105: Ishmahri Pissed Off the Author

A/N: FYI, I'll be using He/Him for Ishmahri from now on because they are a part of a group (the Royal Council) so it might get a little confusing, but just know in OUR hearts that they are a genderfluid bitch who cares not for pronouns and lets other people refer to them by whatever :heartemoji:

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

You give Ishmahri the side eye: "Well... First things first, Ishmahri. I was told that three weeks before my arrival, you used your magic to find someone suitable to become the princess, and that person ended up to be me. How is that even logical? I come from an entirely different world, this should be completely impossible!"

"It appears you believe this was all my doing," Like a cuck, Ishmahri starts to slowly walk around you, "How insolent. You think I wanted a mentally challenged girl with so much baggage, such as yourself, to rule this kingdom?"

"Ah-" You balk at his words, "-What the hell, man?! That was so rude! You think just because you're pretty, you can get away with it?"

"I recall you often complain to various people that you just wanted to be treated the same as everyone else despite your new status, no? But now you want to be treated as a princess? I talk to everyone this way, I'll have you know."

The fact that he's keeping tabs on your personal life shocks you more than it should. In the letter, the Royal Council even admitted to that too. But still, it's so creepy. And it's not like you can tell him to cut it out, because you didn't even know you were being watched in the first place, so what's to stop him from continuing as he was?

"It's not that! Can't you just treat me with basic respect?" You snap.

Ishmahri continues to circle you, holding a hand to his chin, "So you admit it: you want to be the exception. You want special treatment."

"No, don't put words in my mouth, and don't misinterpret what I say!"

"My, my!" Ishmahri stops right in front of you, leaning close to you with the punch-worthy smirk, "I thought having the entire castle staff up in a frenzy would be entertaining, but you alone certainly take the cake."

"...You're pissing me off on purpose." You glare back.

"Well, it's less fun now that you've caught on." He stands up straight and taps his chin, "What I said earlier was nothing to gloss over, mind you. While I had some control of you at least arriving at Night Raven College, I am not the one to blame as to why you're here in the first place."

You put your hands on your hips, "Fine. But what about my new status? That couldn't have been just a natural thing. I had no connection to this world until now, and even back home, I was just an ordinary bitch."

At this, he snaps his fingers and gracefully moves to his desk, "That as well is a mystery to me. In simple terms, it is as if the Universe itself had forcefully changed and accommodated just for your existence. It is an unnatural order, and I have been studying it ever since."

The Universe... accommodated for your existence? Doesn't that sound like... how Kōrenki explained his Blood Demon Art to you before?

"How much do you know about where I came from?" You ask.

"The bare minimum, I'm afraid. So if you could tell me a little more about the fictitious world you were trapped in, I'd appreciate it." He says, going behind his desk to where there was a shelf of fancy looking books.

Fuck that bitch. That just rubbed you the wrong way. Demon Slayer might've been an anime/manga, but everything you went through was real to you. All that suffering, all that pain, that was real, and you will never recover from it.