*55: Looks At You With Rizz

A/N: Some doodles I did of Venus

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

Your head feels so heavy, it hurts. Nausea is hitting you like a truck and you want to cry. Oh, but not because Venus has you hanging upside down.

"I'm sorry..." You mutter, guilt crawling up your back, "If I had known... I wouldn't... I... But I... I was just protecting my friends..."

"Yeah... But that doesn't make me hate you any less," Venus wasn't looking at you anymore, he had turned his back to you when he began to explain his story, "And now you and your friends... Hmph. Might as well force myself to get along with you, since you all are probably going to die now."

At the thought of you not being able to save your friends from the monster living in this house, you begin to squirm in the vines holding you up. If Venus was telling you the truth, then truly you are the only one who can do something about it.

"Look, I-I know I have no right to ask this of you-"

"-Then don't ask," Venus interrupts smoothly.

You continue anyway. "But I can-I can try killing that thing for you. You have every right to despise me for what I did to your friends, but my friends don't deserve to suffer for my wrong-doings. Let me go so I can save my friends, then you can just-you can kill me after!"

Venus tenses up, his pretty, fluffy tail flicking lazily.

If Venus is telling the truth, then Xavier had tricked Venus and the four children the fox was taking care of at the time. He made them all believe he just wanted to help, but had actually fed them to some sort of monster that lived here. Xavier had definitely wanted the same to happen to you and your comrades.

You doubt Crewel knew the full extent of this situation, there is no way he would've risked your lives like this. If anything, he probably thought something suspicious was happening, but not a full on murder mystery.

"It's not like I want to see more people die, you know," Venus says weakly.

You wait to see if he'll continue, but to your surprise, he manipulates the vines to turn you over so you're right side up again. He lowers you gently, but you still tumble over due to dizziness. You almost fall over (and probably to your doom because you're still on the fucking roof), but the vines help you stay upward until you can ground yourself and settle down.

The pink, fluffy ears atop his head lower down on the sides a bit: "I'll help you and your friends kill that thing. Then, you guys get the fuck out of here. Never come back."

You sigh heavily, smiling in gratitude.

"There is..." You start hesitantly, "uh, actually one problem, though."

He sighs in disappointment, "Son of a bitch."

"Yeah, I know. But I swear, I'm going to kill that fucking thing."

"What if it kills you first instead??"

"Well that would be bad luck for me."

Venus cannot see this ending well.

----

Remmy hums quietly as he turns his head to the left, his ear twitching at the sound from the distance. Grim, who was sitting on Remmy's shoulder and hiding in his hair, turns in the same direction for the same reason.

"Did you guys hear that?" Grim asks with a hushed tone, "It sounded like a girl screaming."

"Was it [Y/n]?" Jamil asks.