123: Work Can be Boring

A/N: So like I'm still assuming Thaumarks (or Madol or whatever IDC) are Twisted Wonderland's equivalent to Yen. And due to inflation, 100 Yen is no longer $1 USD. However, the council (me) decided that it was a stupid decision on the government's part and has elected to ignore it. So 100¥/Thaumark still equals $1 USD in this story. I will also be using the ¥ for Thaumarks because I'm simple like that.

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

You think the way this Universe wants to treat you goes against your morals as a person who does not care for the Main Character's status. In the past, you might've eaten that shit up because who doesn't want to be the Main Character in their own story?

But now that you've gone through all this shit and are traumatized for life, you don't want anything to do with being a Main Character anymore! You want to be the side character who dies a very peaceful death.

Why is this relevant?

You have this dead look in your eyes (when do you not at this point?) as you finish reading the contract Azul had given to you yesterday. You didn't have time to go through it during lunch since you were busy with Lilia, so you're doing it now during Math class.

Bro, Azul wants you so bad it's so obvious.

"By providing your printed name below, you will agree to availability for whatever is most convenient for me should I need your assistance for the duration of Kaiko Renaiko's absence."

Why can't he just admit he wants your attention? No, you do not sign this section of the contract. There were a few other sections you neglected to sign as well. If your signature is absolutely necessary for EVERYTHING, then that's something you and the sussy man can discuss in person.

You rest your elbow on the table, propping your head up with your fist as you read the contract's last page. You don't have any experience of having an actual job before showing up to this world, so all you had as a reference was your contract with Sam regarding your employment at his shop. Luckily it was mostly the same shit on this last page,

It's just reinforcing the official starting day and time, as well as the type of employment (aka temporarily full-time). There's also a contingency for an emergency arising and whatnot. You didn't have any bond with Crewel at the time, so you didn't list him on Sam's contract. Now that you two have a better relationship, you allow yourself to put his information down (not his number, just the school email every student has access to for class-related shit) as your emergency contact.

Respectfully, Crowley can suck it.

You feel a weight leaning on your left arm, and a head dropping on your shoulder. Remembering that Ace is sitting on your left, you simply rest your head on his with a sigh.

"You know how I think you're great, [Y/n]?" Ace hums.

"I don't have money," You said as a reflex. You most definitely have money, but you're just used to saying that to your siblings back home.

"And who said I want you for your money?" Ace clicks his tongue, gently kicking your shin.

"I'm not doing your math assignment for you."

"..."

You grin at his silence.

"...This is blatant slander against my name-"

"-Ace," Tinkerbell frowns, leaning forward to look over at the redhead, "You said you didn't need help when I offered. Were you just lying?"

You move your head from Ace to give him a questioning look, "You need some help, Ace?"

As if he was caught with his pants down and his dick out, the boy with red eyes quickly straightens up and clears his throat.