Chapter 1: In A Galaxy Far Far Away

A young teenage girl sat on the couch watching Revenge Of The Sith, on the screen Anakin and Obi-Wan battled to the death, their lightsabers clashing together. Grim smiled as she watched, "Go Obi-Wan!" She cheered. Her smile grew the more she watched the duel take place.

Obi-Wan reached the high ground and- Grim wasn't on her couch, she wasn't watching Revenge Of The Sith, she was standing in the middle of a battle. She blinked several times, not quite yet understanding her situation.

There were droids and clones shooting, blaster fire filling the air, and not that far away, leading the clones was a Jedi with a shimmering blue lightsaber. Grim still didn't register what was going on, standing there dumbly watching.

A blaster bolt narrowly missed her and suddenly the young girl registered the danger she was in. She frantically searched for some cover and found a rock big enough to conceal her, quickly Grim jumped behind that rock and hid.

Her mind was a whirlwind of questions; how had this happened? Was this real? Did she fall asleep, and was this just a dream? Was she too sleep deprived? This couldn't be real, could it?

Grim was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the blaster bolt until it was too late, it was going to hit her, she was going to die- it never hit her. Grim looked up, in front of her stood the Jedi from before.

"Are you alright?"

Grim blinked, before her stood Obi-Wan Kenobi and he had just saved her life, "holy shit," Grim muttered under her breath. "You're fucking Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked once more.

Grim blinked again, registering his question now, "yeah, thanks to you, you saved me, thanks," Grim replied, she was still slightly shaken, and trying to figure out what was going on.

"You should get to a safer area, it's dangerous for you to be here," Obi-Wan told her.

Grim nodded, "Okay, yeah, I'll do that. Do you know where a safer area is?"

Obi-Wan gave the directions to Grim, who nodded, but wasn't fully listening, she was still in awe about the fact that she was talking to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

She started to head in the direction Obi-Wan had indicated, but then she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

Obi-Wan had dropped his lightsaber and was about to be shot- the bolt didn't hit him. Grim stood in front of Obi-Wan, his blue lightsaber shining brightly in her hands, she had deflected the shot back at the droids that had fired it.

"You dropped something," Grim informed him, handing the Jedi back his lightsaber.

When Grim had noticed Obi-Wan in danger she hadn't thought, she had just acted. Her mind had been empty, she wasn't following any feelings, her body had acted on its own.

Having noticed the lightsaber, Grim reached out her hand and the hilt had flown to her hand, then with a swish she ignited the blade. She then ran in front of the Jedi, moving the blade to deflect the shot right back at the droid, before handing the weapon back to its owner.

All without thinking about what she was doing, it had been on instinct. When Grim saw Obi-Wan in danger her very first instinct was to save him, and without thinking she had done just that.

"Thank you," Obi-Wan told Grim as he took his lightsaber back. "Though I believed I told you to get someplace safe?"

Grim blinked, only just now registering what she had just done, "Right! I'll, uh, I'll go do that now."

Awkwardly Grim ran back off to the safe area Obi-Wan had previously indicated. Her mind exploded with questions: had she really just done that? Had Grim just used the force? Had she truly just saved Obi-Wan? Had she just wielded a lightsaber?