Chapter 29: The Final Chance

Grim was not with Obi-Wan. She was in fact, halfway across the galaxy from him.

Obi-Wan was on Coruscant. Grim had stowed away to the Outer Rim. To fight a battle Obi-Wan had no part in.

She was in fact, with Anakin Skywalker.

The moment he had spotted her, he had called Obi-Wan to inform him that his Padawan had snuck away from the Jedi Temple to his mission.

"Hey Master, if you're wondering where your Padawan is, she followed me," he said.

Grim waved at his hologram awkwardly. "Hi, Obi-Wan."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Grim, what in the galaxy do you think you're doing?"

"Why do I follow anyone on missions I'm not supposed to be a part of?" she asked, unable to answer his question with Anakin there. She hoped Obi-Wan would get her meaning.

"Could you not have mentioned anything beforehand?" He asked.

Grim knew he understood. "Well I had no idea this mission was coming up," she shrugged. "It doesn't matter, I'm here now and it's too late."

"She's right about that," said Anakin. "Sorry Master, don't worry I'll keep Tiny safe and out of trouble."

"Please do. Both of you."

"Understood Master," said Grim.

That had been several rotations ago. In that time Anakin had stuck to his word and had hardly let Grim out of his sights.

She currently fought by his side as they sliced down battle droids together. The Padawan had been getting increasingly anxious as the days passed by and this had not gone unnoticed by the others. So she worked to hide her fear. Not knowing when it would come time to change the events that were soon to take place.

"Push forward!" Anakin ordered the men behind him.

The two Jedi fought side by side deflecting blaster bolts and slicing down droids until they reached a room and cleared it of the droids, meeting up with Tiplee and Tiplar. The four Jedi all deactivated their lightsabers,

"Don't get too comfortable. This battle hasn't been won yet," said Anakin.

Grim glanced at Tup and Fives. "No, it hasn't," she said quietly. How much longer now until Tup's chip malfunctioned? Was it even going to be possible for her to save him, Tiplar, and Fives?

"Master Skywalker, we must get to the command post. Admiral Trench has sent for reinforcements," Tiplee informed him. "We must take this post before they arrive.

A holomap had been set up, and the group gathered around it. "It's time for phase two," decided Anakin. He pointed at the map, "we're at this position. Tiplar, you'll take your men down this passageway. Tiplee, you'll move along here. They'll have to divide their forces to counter us. And when they do, Rex, Grim, and I will press through the middle. If we time it right, we'll all converge on this spot at the same time, and the droids won't know what hit them."

"If we're making a run, we'll need backup," Commander Doom said. "My men are severely depleted."

"Fives, you and Tup take ten of your best men and support Master Tiplar," Anakin ordered.

"We're on it, sir."

"May I also volunteer my assistance?" Grim asked, recognizing that it was time. "You and Rex already have things handled, and I haven't gotten into much trouble," she added.

Anakin gave her a confused look. She hadn't been opposed to sticking by his side until now. What made her change her mind?

"Please Skywalker?" Grim asked, almost begging. "You don't have to babysit me all the time, and besides I would be with Master Tiplar, it's not like I'm asking to go do something reckless on my own."