Chapter 25: Regrets

Since Darth Maul's return he had begun wreaking havoc on the galaxy as he and his brother murdered and pillaged villages and more. Jedi Masters Adi Galia and Obi-Wan Kenobi were going to investigate one of these recent attacks. Having overheard some discussion about it, Grim ran over to the two Jedi. "Master, let me go with you," Grim said to Obi-Wan.

"If it really is them it would be dangerous for you to come along," Obi-Wan told her.

"Master, would it truly be any more dangerous than any of the battles I've fought in?" Grim asked him.

"Master Kenobi has a point, Sith are not the same battle droids," said Adi agreeing with Obi-Wan.

Subconsciously a hand found the scar on her face, "Yeah I know that," she whispered quietly. She realized what she was doing and lowered her hand. "Still, I would be with the two of you, wouldn't I?" Grim asked. Her gaze flickered to Adi and stayed there, "besides, there's something I want to change."

Both of the Jedi Masters were concerned by this. Would something happen? "You have got to stop being so vague and ominous, Grim," Obi-Wan sighed.

Grim grinned innocently, "why should I? It's part of the appeal."

Obi-Wan shook his head with a small smile as Grim laughed, Adi chuckled a little as well.

They were on their way to the source of the distress call, and had just dropped out of hyperspace. "The distress signal is coming from here, the Meridian sector, Cybloc system," said Obi-Wan.

"It is close enough to the earlier attack," Adi pointed out.

"I have a feeling it's them," said Obi-Wan.

"Your feeling is correct," said Grim.

"And you didn't mention it before?" Obi-Wan asked her.

She shrugged.

"You're going to be the death of me."

"I'm not going to be the death of you, that'll be someone else," Grim replied casually.

"WHAT?" Obi-Wan asked, completely shocked by her response. Grim saw nothing wrong with what she said and did not reply. "Grim, what do you mean by that??"

"Oh don't worry about it, Master, you still have twenty or so years before you're killed, I already told you this."

"Before I'm what????"

"Are you really that surprised?" Grim asked him. "Besides only if I can't change the ending, otherwise I have no clue as to how you'll die. Anyways, don't we have a distress call to answer?"

They did, and so they flew to the source of the call. The person who made the call showed the Jedi to the scene and explained. "They ought to be flush. Chips were all unlocked. No way to trace 'em. All done by the two crabbiest zabraks you've this side of the Hydian."

"They were alone?" Obi-Wan asked, placing one hand on his hip.

"Yup, yup. What were they, couple of Jedi gone rogue or something?"

The three Jedi looked at each other. Grim was the one who spoke, her arms crossed. "They're not Jedi, never even have been."

"Do me a favor, spark up that lightsaber, will you?" Grim ignited her lightsaber, showing it to him. She then deactivated the weapon and clipped it back to her belt. "Mmm-hmm. Well the droids that got attacked said that theirs were red."

"That's because they're Sith, and we need to find them," explained Grim.

"Yes, we should stop them before they strike again," agreed Obi-Wan.