Chapter 6: Future Fears

Grim deflected the blaster fire back at the droids who fired them. She and Ahsoka had been on the jungle patrol, though they should have gone back to their Masters by now.

Grim had meant to bring this up with the other Padawan but every time she glanced her way Grim found herself incapable of speech.

Ahsoka deflected the blaster fire gracefully as well as dodged it like she was doing simple acrobatics. Grim realized she was staring again and found her cheeks heat up to the same heat of her lightsaber - especially when Ahsoka had to get in front of her to stop a bolt from hitting her.

Grim smiled at Ahsoka and was about to say something when her comm beeped.

"Grim, where are you and Ahsoka? What is your location?" Obi-Wan asked her.

"About seven klicks east, Master," replied Grim.

"We engaged the enemy and got them on the run," Ahsoka added from Grim's side.

"They've come to extract us, we're leaving," Obi-Wan informed them.

"What?" Ahsoka exclaimed. "We can't retreat now Master! We've broken through!"

"Ash, Master Kenobi is right, the droids out number us we need to get out of here," Grim told her.

Ahsoka looked at Grim, she seemed almost hurt that she didn't understand where she was coming from. "Master Skywalker taught me to never let up when the tinnies are on the run."

"They're retreating to regroup, Ash!" Grim pointed out.

"Grim is right Ahsoka, you must evacuate, that is an order!"

"But-" Ahsoka began to argue.

"You are putting your troops' lives in danger, young one, you will get on the gunship when we arrive," Obi-Wan told her.

"Ash please, just listen to Master Kenobi," Grim insisted. Ahsoka ignored her wrapped in the idea that they were winning. "Ahsoka we need to stop, this isn't going to work!" Grim told her. Before Ahsoka could argue, the gunships arrived. "Come on Ash, we have to go!" she said, grabbing Ahsoka's hand and dragging her into the gunship with Masters Kenobi and Skywalker.

As the gunship lifted off the tank the Padawans had been standing on as they pressed their attack was destroyed.

Ahsoka looked at Anakin with guilt, and Grim gave Ahsoka's hand a comforting squeeze to let her know she understood. Then she realized what she did and blushed a little before letting go, electing to stand closer to Obi-Wan.

Once back at the Temple, Grim went to go study as Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan went to talk to the Council about the incident that took place on Felucia.

She understood Ahsoka and admitted to herself in private that had it not been for her prior knowledge of seeing the events before she would have likely made the same mistake.

The next day Grim decided to take a walk around the Jedi Temple, feeling the need to explore it more. After all she did occasionally get lost every once in a while still.

She still remembered the embarrassing incident when she found a place that she had never seen in any Star Wars media and thought she had discovered something cool until Obi-Wan found her and she learned that it was a well known area of the Temple, it just had never had any bearing on the main plot of Star Wars.

She noticed Obi-Wan and Anakin walking and skipped over to them. She was going to interrupt when she overheard their conversation and decided to listen in.

"Where should we start looking for these intruders? What could they be after?" Anakin was asking Obi-Wan.

"I doubt they've come to hide their star fighters," Obi-Wan replied. Grim didn't say anything but she did roll her eyes at that comment.