Chapter 30: A Reunion

The battle raged on Yerbana. Grim and Cody were leading the 212th.

Just where was Obi-Wan?

Grim was having a harder time than usual given the droids preference for explosions rather than blaster fire for this battle. She deflected the shots when they did fire, but she could only dodge the explosions and try to save as many of the men as she could.

A missile was heading straight for Cody and Grim now. Grim felt herself freeze in fear, and Cody braced himself.

Except the missile never hit them. Grim watched as Obi-Wan leapt into the battle and cut the entire missile in half.

Her jaw nearly hit the floor.

Three years later, Obi-Wan could still impress her.

"General!" exclaimed Cody, surprised.

"Get down!" Obi-Wan told them.

He covered them with Grim helping as they hid behind some rubble for cover.

"Well, I can see things are going splendidly on this front," Obi-Wan commented.

"It's no good. We can't locate the tactical droid. He's staying out of sight," Cody told him.

They covered themselves as another explosion went off nearby.

"Where is Skywalker?" Grim growled angrily.

"I'm right here," Anakin replied casually, walking over to them as if they weren't in the middle of a battle. "What are you doing down there?"

"We are taking cover. Now get down!" Obi-Wan ordered him.

"You're not serious. There's only a thousand droids down there, tops."

"Skywalker-" Grim started.

"Don't worry about it Tiny," Anakin told her.

"What are you doing, Anakin? Where's Captain Rex?" Obi-Wan asked him.

"We already finished our battle, so we decided to come help with yours," Anakin replied, getting on top of the rubble they were taking cover behind.

"You're overdoing it. Again!" Obi-Wan told him.

Anakin turned around and knelt on top of the rubble to face Obi-Wan. "Master, I mean no disrespect. If you want, I can hide here with you, and we can let the people in the city suffer longer."

"Skywalker we both know-" Grim tried to argue, immediately rushing to Obi-Wan's defense.

Anakin didn't let her finish. "Or we could do things my way and help them now."

Obi-Wan sighed. "All right. I know better than to try and stop you. What's your plan this time?"

"Stay here," Anakin replied. He leapt off to enact his plan.

"Why do I know his plan?" Grim muttered to herself.

"Because you've seen this before," Obi-Wan replied.

Grim rolled her eyes but felt a smile tug at her lips.

Yes, she had seen all of this before.

Which was why she was both brimming with excitement and anticipation. She was going to see Ahsoka soon, but at the same time, the ending was beginning.

The droids all aimed at Anakin, but before they could fire, Anakin began to speak.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire."

Grim, Obi-Wan, and Cody all popped their heads out to see what Anakin was doing this time.

Anakin went on, "I have come to surrender. Your forces fought valiantly and I must admit we are overmatched by your superior firepower."