Chapter 11: Silly Plans and Hopeful Dreams

Grim loved it when there were no missions to call her and her Master away from the Temple.

When the war seemed far away even if it was always prevalent.

It was during this time away from war that she was able to focus more on her training. Obi-Wan would teach Grim many things about the Jedi and the galaxy. The Padawan would listen with much interest.

Some time ago she would feel lost. Even here, in fact sometimes the battlefield would make her feel more found. Now however she wasn't as lost. She knew exactly where she was.

Grim was home. The Jedi Temple was her home and the Jedi her family. This feeling of belonging, this acceptance and understanding only solidified her goal more.

Save as many people as possible. Save the galaxy. Save the Jedi. Save her family. Stop the Sith. Stop Sidious. Stop Order 66.

Here at her home she decided to put some plans into action. To get evidence that Chancellor Palpatine was not the kind elderly almost grandfatherly figure to the Republic. To prove he was behind that deceptive mask a deplorable man, who feeds off the suffering of others, the Sith Lord behind this atrocious war.

The question was how.

How was Grim meant to get evidence of something so well masked and disguised? So clouded by secrets and darkness. So well hidden that even the wisest of Jedi were so deceived.

That was when an idea struck the young Padawan. She would sneak into Palpatine's office and gather any evidence she could. Then she could leave the rest to the Jedi and the Republic.

After all, surely Palpatine couldn't manipulate everything?

Grim left the Temple and headed to the Senate building. Using the excuse she was "going on a walk" to avoid suspicion.

When she did eventually reach the building she stopped upon spotting the Coruscant Guard. They had slipped her mind when she created this half baked plan. She paused and hid behind a trashcan to consider her options. It wasn't like she could just waltz into the building.

Not as a Padawan. Especially considering she was unaccompanied.

She needed to sneak in, and she absolutely could not be spotted.

Figuring out a plan she stood up. When she did she smacked her head on the trashcan causing it to tumble on top of her. The trash covering her.

"Ah motherfuc- motherkarker," muttered Grim. Quickly correcting her curse to curse as someone in Star Wars should.

Grim stood up again and dusted herself off only to see that several members of the Coruscant Guard were staring at her.

"Commander Kennet? What are you doing here?" Fox asked her.

"Uh......crime?" said Grim. "I mean- um- I'M TAKING THIS TRASHCAN NOW BYE-" she picked it up and ran away.

Fox stared after her for a moment. "Did- did she just steal a trashcan?"

Grim ran for several minutes before realizing she was still carrying the trashcan. Realizing her mistake she quickly put it someplace unsuspicious and took a moment to pause and catch her breath.

"Did I really admit I was committing a crime to Commander Fox??" Grim asked herself. "What was I thinking?? Then to top it off I stole a trashcan! The same one that fell on me! Could I be more of an idiot? Master Kenobi can not know I just did that. And I need to come up with a better plan."

And so Grim went back to her room to continue coming up with plans on how to sneak into Palpatine's office.

Looking back on it. Every one of her plans had been foolish from the start. In all honesty her plans were nearly out of a children's cartoon. Which - in fairness - she was technically living through one. However these were the plans out of something such as Looney Tunes, not that of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.