Chapter 34: Check

The four took a transport to the Senate building. Grim sat next to Obi-Wan, resting a head on his shoulder. Obi-Wan smiled at her. "Tired already?" he teased.

"Saving the day when you've seen it can be tiring," replied Grim. Her eyes were half closed and she seemed ready to fall asleep.

"You can take a nap after we've made our report to the Council," Obi-Wan told her. He furrowed his brows. "Did you say you've seen this?"

"And the following, I'll explain to the rest of the Council after our report," she told him.

When they arrived at the senate, Grim got up and so did Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Palpatine already left to speak with people.

Anakin was at the steps when he turned around to see the Master and Padawan weren't with him. "Are you coming?" he asked the two.

"Oh, no. I'm not brave enough for politics," Obi-Wan replied, leaning on the door. "I have to report to the Council."

Grim was leaning on the other side. "Besides, I think there's someone you might want to talk to without Master Kenobi and I around," she added with a smug smile.

The smallest hint of blush was visible on Anakin's cheeks for just a small moment. "I have no idea what you're implying, Grim," he told her.

Grim laughed, "if you say so Skywalker."

"Anakin, let's be fair, you were a hero today, and you deserve your glorious day among the politicians," Obi-Wan told him.

"All right. But you owe me one, and not just for saving your skin for the tenth time," Anakin agreed.

"Ninth time," corrected Obi-Wan. "That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't- doesn't count."

Grim laughed. "We'll see you at the briefing, Skywalker."

With that the two Jedi went back into the transport as it took them to the Jedi Temple. Grim took in the beauty of Coruscant as they headed to the Temple with a mixed sorrowful expression.

Obi-Wan noticed. "What's bothering you Grim?" he asked her.

"You'll know with the rest of the Council," she told him.

Obi-Wan put a hand on her shoulder and they watched the scenery pass them by together.

When they arrived at the Temple, Master Yoda was waiting for them. Grim and Obi-Wan exited the transport and Yoda approached them. "Good to see you again, it is, Master Kenobi, Padawan Kennet."

Grim smiled and bowed slightly. "It's good to see you as well, Master Yoda. After Master Kenobi and I's mission report, I have something to speak of with the Council of my own."

Yoda tilted his head curiously, "of course, young Kennet. Of great importance I sense it is."

"Yes, Master, it is," she admitted.

The three Jedi reached the Council Chambers and entered. Yoda took his seat.

As Grim looked around she had a slight frown, over the years the chambers had emptied more and more. In fact, she had a moment of realization that even when she had joined the Order many of the Jedi were there through holograms.

Now there was even less. It saddened the padawan slightly.

The Council waited for Obi-Wan to begin his report on the events that transpired while they had rescued the chancellor.

Once Obi-Wan and Grim had finished their report, Grim spoke up.

"And there's something else," said Grim. Everyone returned their gaze to Grim. "When you first welcomed me into the Order I had told you that there are things I wished to prevent. Some of those events have passed, but with very little changes, if there were any at all. The main thing that I wish to stop is upon us. It started to unfold the moment the Chancellor was captured. But then again, in all reality, it had started long before I was brought into this story. I fear that I may not be able to stop it."